cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch visible in stocks after PGI and invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even after a delivery has being PGI and invoiced, a batch is visible in stocks (visible in /AFS/MD04). This delivery has many line items (many batches), but only a single batch (single line item) has this error. When I checked the accounting entries in the PGI, it seems like the quantity of this batch is not accounted. But the total quantity has being invoiced and accounted.

Please help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

This does not happen all the time. When a PGI is done, normally batch goes out of the stocks. But in this instance the batch still remains in the system (And this delivery has lot of batches and they are not showing in stocks now). This still shows in /AFS/MD04. And we can not reverse the invoice or delivery. Does your above reply gives me a solution to my problem. If so please let me know and explain a bit more.

Thanks,

Kasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the material document and find out if that batch is mentioned there or not.

In case the batch is mentioned in the material document then check if someone has recently posted the stock for that material in that batch

check the batch master by tcode MSC3N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The batch is not there in the material document of PGI. But in the invoice accounting document, the batch is taken in to consideration, and the amount is posted correctly.

After invoicing, 0.5 m (remainder of the batch after allocating to the delivery) of this batch has being issued to a cost center.

Thanks,

Kasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the batch was not there in material document then it means it was never issued

at the same time if the mateiral is batch managed then it means the material document contains some other batch

i will recommed a 309 movement type in tcode MB1B

issuing batch should be the one in invoice document and recieving one should be the one in PGI material document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

A different batch has not being posted in the PGI.

The scenario is as below.

A delivery is created for 1027 m. And there is a batch "ABC" of 29 m (which is in a line item of the delivery).

But the PGI has happened for a quantity of 998 m. (with out the batch ABC)

Then the invoice has happened and an accounting document has passed for a value of $ 1027 (which is 1027 m * $ 1).

When you go to delivery line item of the specific batch (ABC), in the item status it says "pack", "goods issue" and "invoiced" as "C". But this batch is visible in stocks (MB51).

Thanks,

Kasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

you say that the batch has not been issued but it was invoiced

invoicing has nothing to do with the quantity avialable in batch in stock

if you want to get the quantity removed from stock then either post good issue or scrap or transfer it into another batch

invoicing does not impact the stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the batch is not issued but it was invoiced (but we do delivery related invoicing). But the delivery containing this batch was issued (but somehow when this delivery got PGI, this batch alone has not), and this got invoiced.

Anyways thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you maintain condition record for batch search in VCH1

Click on sort and set deletion indicator now when you do PGI batch will not remain.

Kapil