Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unblocking script recording and playback option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

The option of "script recording and playback" is blocked, and not by authorizations.

Do you know where it can be unlocked?

Thanks,

Julia.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

This can be done at the server level. Refer SAP Note 480149 for more detailed information.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

GUI scripting causes more trouble than anything else and are always release and SP level dependent (server side).

The note mentioned by Raghu does not affect the playback API as of SAP release 7.20 (client side).

I believe it is in the registry keys that you can activate it again, but I would suggest moving on to server side APIs and not use scripting.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers, but before taking any action, I would really like to know what are those troubles that can be cause by gui scripting? What is the risk?

Thanks

Julia.

0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

The security on GUI Scripting has been improved in the recent releases. Now you can now turn it on for specific users. Refer SAP Note - 983990 - SAP GUI Scripting security: Enable Scripting per system user. It is not much vulnerable as earlier.

Additionally, you may refer the below notes:

Note 692245 - Additional server based security options for Scripting

Note 527737 - Composite SAP note on SAP GUI scripting

Note 612454 - Status and Lifetime

Best Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answers