cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep loop in a workflow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am struggling wiht MDM workflow : where I need to keep a loop of validaitons/assignments :Scenario is as below:

I have a initial workflow where few records come as incomplete and few recors as complete...

I have a branch1 to pass compelte records and fail incomplete records...

Incomplete records user will take action....

once user finishes his action a branch2 (Validation) and user needs more informtiaon from remote system then need to syndicate unsuccessful records to remote system by assigning a status field to NEED MORE INFORMATION and if user didnt took any action then those records are failed and need to wait untill user take action...

Records whcih are syndicated with status field NEED MORE INFORMAITON will be again imported using import manager to update the records..

Once records are updated the branch2 should validate and perform the same..

How can I keep the look for branch2? is it possible or there any solution?

Regards,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajeev,

There are multiple ways to achieve this,now going ahead with the approach you are taking you do this:

Have a assignment populating the flag in branch2

Have a another SYNDICATE step sending out the records

The NEED MORE INFORMATION records will be send again to MDM and you can do manual upload with a PROCESS step

Now you need to validate this imported data again,then at STOP step call the same WORKFLOW NAME

This will take the flow to start of WF,here updated recorde will follow same course and at BRANCH will be validated again.On TRUE case go for appproval and on FAILURE will again loop

Please follow this link for Looping in MDM WF :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60f28084-b90e-2b10-3eb6-d65653670...

It would be interesting to automate this scenario.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

FOrgot to add one mpore point to it,as far as I remember your main WF has to have one more trigger action that as Manual to be available to be called in a loop from STOP.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (0)