cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Purchase Requisition Release strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are using ECC 6.0.For the approvals of purchase requisitions, we are using standard SAP functionality of release procedure. There were some 52 release strategies configured for the PR .The release strategy was based on value of the following fields that is below were characteristics grouped together for class for PR:

1. Creation Indicator of PR-R (Configured only for manually created PRs)

2. Purchasing Group

3. Value of the PR

As a result of PM module implementation, there is requirement of additional 30 release strategies.

We configured them but one more field of doc type was added in the characteristics fields.

Now the release strategy was based upon following fields:

1. Creation Indicator of PR-R (Configured only for manually created PRs)

2. Purchasing Group-(Configured against new purchasing groups )

3. Value of the PR

4. Document type of purchase requisitions.

Classification data was accordingly maintained that is for older release strategies,

Old PR doc. Type: NB was maintained where as other values were same. For new release strategies, new PR document types:NB1-NB6 for Doc type have been maintained .

The above set up worked fine for some time. But suddenly, none of the PR release strategies are working. I checked all the related configuration settings and all look fine. I also checked my release strategies in tcode: OMGQCK. But no error was there.

Could any body help in finding the reason why PR release strategy stopped working all of a sudden? What could be the probable reasons? What should be the approach to resolve it?

We are in testing phase. Many of the test scripts failed due to this issue.

Quick response will be appreciated!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Niti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member204661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niti,

Is the config working fine in any other system? DId you test the PR with single line item or multiple?

Regards

Shailesh

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niti,

Please check if your "overall release" indicator is consistent for document type and release group:

a)SPRO:MM-PUR-PR-Define Document Type

"overall release" indicator

b)SPRO: MM-PUR-PR-Release Procedure-Set Up Procedure with Classification

->Release group

"overall release" indicator

Regards,

ian,Wong Loke Foong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Overall release indicator is ticked and it is consistent @ both the places mentioned by you.

Hi Shailesh,

In Dev, Quality and Pre-prod systems, it is not working.As we have not gone for Go-Live so the relevant transports are not in

Production.But when i simulated the same in sand box , its working.

Regards,

Niti

former_member329706
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell me whether you configured release at item level and char or class are same.And also did you cofigured release without classification aslo?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured procedure with classification.

Regards,

Niti

former_member329706
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you checked whether there is any config set-up for without classification also, if so delete it and check again.

And also try to re set-up all the process, means goto CT04 check all the char and save again, goto CL02 enter the defined class and save again , remove the class from the defined release group enter and again put and save .Now try again to raise the PR and check .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone for your advice!!!

The issue was due to the implementation of a user exist which affected the release strategy for PR.

Developer debugged the program at the time of creating PR in sandbox where it was working fine and also in the systems where it was not working.After making the comparisons in programs' steps run at both the places, we could conclude that a user exit has affected the release procedure for PR.

Cheers!!!

Regards,

Niti

former_member329706
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell us which user exit it was?

Former Member
0 Kudos

User exit :M06B0005

Regards,

Niti

former_member213836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check whether the simulation of Release Strategy is working properly for all the release strategies.

Regards,

Niranjan

former_member403969
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niti,

I would suggest please check the assignment of values in the strategies.Also , I would sugest check the values are entered in tcode:CL24N.

I had also come across the same error and was struggling for a while as why the release strategy is not affecting the documents.Upon analyzing certain vaues in the characteristics were missing.

If it worked perfectly before, then it should work now also I feel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

None of the release strategies for PR are working neither older ones nor newer ones.All the classification data seem to be okay.

Regards,

Niti

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it worked in the past, then something must had happened.

look for changes and transports of new strategies, check if something was changed in classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have more then one purchasing group in a single PR unfortunately it will fail determining the release.