cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS status locked - system allows consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I need expert opinion on the following two points.

1. My WBS status is locked. But the system allows consumption of materail (ie 261 movement) against production order assigned to the WBS

2. My WBS status is locked. But the system allows to create schedule lines against the scheduled agrrement assigned to the WBS.

Due to the above two phenomeneon , the system is allowing comitment & incurrence to happen even for closed WBS.

Are the functionality described above are part of standrad PS process.

If yes, then how to tackle these points. If no, then is there any PS configuration for providing checks.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal Murmoo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think While doing consumption the cost is booking against the production order only as it is a cost object and while settling it is settling to WBSE. try to settle the production order to WBS, it wont as the WBSE is locked

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As Khader said it could be settled cost you must be seeing on WBS elemnet.

If you areally wanted to see no issue/consumption of material to Production Orders, then implement the user status so that it will prohibit consumption by selection the object "Goods receipt for prodn. order".

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khader Sir/ PSR

Thanks for the reply .

As suggested by PSR , the user status should be used to prohibit business transcation . In my case for Order Confirmation , Goods Receipts & Schedule delivery .

I made the configuration chnages for user status ( locked), which prohibits all the above mentioned transcation. This user status is mainatined for the concerned WBS .

But still i found that it is actaully not working .The system allows Order Confirmation , Goods Receipts & Schedule delivery .

against WBS having user staus locked.

Is it that i have missed some configuration.

Need experts suggestions on this matter

Regards,

Vishal

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User Status can be used to block Goods Receipt from Production Order. It will block only the GR (MB31) from production order, where as goods issue will allow. Please use a validation (with user exit) to block it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the reply.

As suggested , i think I will have to use user exits at objects level to probit consumptioin under wbs status locked/closed.

Thanks

Vishal