cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

determine Cost center in RE accounting documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently, I'm having a requirement in my project, where the business wants to populate the cost centre (which is maintained at the RO level under the posting parameters tab) in the accounting documents (under the section "Additional account assignments") in the line item detail of a particular G/L

To meet this requirement, I did make some config settings which I would like to share:

1) maintained the cost centre & the corresponding profit centre for the respective RO.

2) in t-code OKB9assigned the cost center to the cost element (G/L account)

3) in FS00 assigned a new field status group (select the option "required entry" for the cost centre field) for this G/L.

4) Also maintained the cost center for this G/L in "edit cost ellement>>Defaut acct assignment tab.

Now when I 'm doing RERAPP, and checking the details of the accounting document generated, the system is not showing the cost centre in the line item details of the respective G/L which I want to fetch.

Can you tell me what settings I'm missing to do due to which, the cost center field is not getting updated in the line item details of the G/L account.

Appreciate an early response.

Thanks & Regards

Shantanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have worked on same requirement.

Assignment of Cost center at RO level didnt help me.

When Contract is created, RO is assigned in the contract. While adding conditions for RO in contract, It shows Calculation object and distribution object. By default, it shows RO as the distribution object. You need to change the distribution object to cost center. you can insert cost center as distribution object by making following configuration setting.

SPRO>IMG>RE-FX>Contract>Objects>Permitted object types for contract types.

Here you'll have to assign Cost center object with your contract type (Cost center obj type: KS) so that when you'll proces contract, you'll have to option to add cost center as the distribution object. So you can choose distribution object for your conditions as Cost Center.

Presently it must be showing Rental object in the line item BSEG-INTERNO. So after assigning cost center in contract condition. it will show Cost center in line item

(Note: Cost center will be updated in Object cash flow document line items, Not in Partner related cash flow)

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Deepak Mehmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Firstly, thanks for responding to my question thread posted here.

Secondly, I wan to tell you that the I did maintain the settings as suggested by you. To tell in details, kindly note the changes i did in the commercial lease out contract types:

I did maintain the contract type with the cost center assignment KS Assign. Obj. Type in recacust.

After that I created a contract where on the general data tab page I've selected Cost center instead of RO.

Also in the condition type, I've assigned the condition type to the cost center in the calculation object & distribution object.

Now when I'm doing the RERAPP, I still dont see the cost center getting updated in the line details of the revenue G/L account.

Can u share your personal e-mail id so that I can share the screen shots with you, & you can tell me where exactly I'm going wrong in fetching the cost center in the line details of the revenue G/L.

Kindly consider this requirement as an urgent requirement.

An immediate response is deeply appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Shantanu Kar

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu,

please consider the statement by Deepak:

"Note: Cost center will be updated in Object cash flow document line items, Not in Partner related cash flow"

Have you checked the object cashflow and the resulting postings?

Postings from partner cashflow always have the contract as account assignment, distribution rules apply for the object cashflow only.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu

i think providing personal information is not allowed in forum.

I think you are missing some settings here.

Tell me:

1. while RERAPP, are you choosing type of posting run as "Periodic posting + Transfer"?

2. In flow type configuration, Have u maintained Reference flow type with "Relation type: 30"?

And Also, Please note that in Partner related cash flow document, Customer will be debited and Revenue will be credited.

And in Object Cash Flow document, your Contract and Cost center will be C/D accordingly. So cost center will be effective in Object Cash flow Accounting Document Line items only.

You First check the above mentioned settings. then i'll get back to you

thanks

Deepak Mehmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

When I'm executing RERAPP with the option "Periodic Posting+Transfer" I'm getting a new error:

"Required field GL_Account was not transferred in Parameter AccountGL"

Please note that the reference flowtype with relaionship 30 is already maintained.

Can you help me to fix this error?

Regards

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu

This Problem seem related to the account determination. I would suggest you to close this thread as you are encountering new issues and every new issue should be posted as a thread.

Thanks

Deepak Mehmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak, thaks for your answer. I had a similar problem and your answer helped me.

Thank´s.

Brunoro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu,

you can update cost center only for the contracts for which the contract category of contract type is "Internal use:.

I think you cant't update both profit center and cost center through RE-FX postings.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically what deepak is saying is correct.

But you are doing Revenue postings in cost center instead of object.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini

for revenue posting, the calculation object will have to be cost center. Then instead of RO, Cost center will be used for both Calulation object and distribution object.

The config settings which i mentioned, with that, when contract will be processed then at the time of adding object in contract, it will populate weather you want to have RO as object or Cost center in contract processing.

Thanks

Deepak Mehmi