cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can anyone help me to solve the problem in document distribution. The below steps have been done in IDES system but i am getting a error.

1. Defined Recipient under the menu..... Document Management>Environment->Doc Distribution->Recipient->Create

2. Clicked Start Distribution---->Execute.....Distribute immed option is selected.

3. Execute... Now Initial Order has been successfully created...

4. Then go to menu ...Document Management>Environment->Doc Distribution--->Display Log

5. Selected the particular line item and press Shift+F2 to start the distribution manually.

6. Now i am getting the error says that "Only Partial order with status AS,MA,ER,WO,or WR are allowed" and the document is not distributed to the recipients.

It would be very helpful if anyone can explain the configuration steps to be done for document distribution. I have searched some forums but i was not able to get the details for configuration.

Also please let me know how to configure workflow for document distribution process.

Regards

Harshini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Any suggestions please...

The Initial Order has been created & Distribution order has been created after start the distribution. But the document is not distributed to the recipient. Please help me to solve this issue...

Regards

Harshini.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshini,

based on your description it would be interesting which status the initial order show in the log of CVI9 transaction? Normally the distribution is triggered automatically but if you want to start it manually please go to transaction SCOT and press the

button for 'Start send process' and choose the previous selected distribution type.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Let me explain the steps in detail that i have done in the system

1. In CV03N , Go to menu => Environment->Doc Distribution->Recipient--->Create

..............Here I entered the description, Select recipient name and selected type "RML".

..............Saved the data.

..............Recipient list has been successfully created.

2. Go to menu => Environment->Doc Distribution->Start Distribution

..............Select context "*".

..............In Start Distribution screen (CVI8) i checked "Confirm Receipt & Distribute immed" option and entered SAP userid as distribution point and given return date.

..............Now initial order has been successfully created.

3. Go to menu => Environment->Doc Distribution->Start Distribution (CVI9)

..............Now the status of the document is "SY".

..............I selected that particular record and press Shift+F2 to start the distribution manually.

..............Now i am getting the error says that "Only Partial order with status AS, MA, ER, WO,or WR are allowed" and the document is not distributed to the recipients.

If I don't check "Distribute immed" in t-code CVI8 then the distribution order has been started in t-code CVI9. But the document is not sent to the recipients.

As you mentioned above i go to transaction SCOT and press the button for 'Start send process' and choose the distribution type "RML SAPoffice address". Now there is a message says that "No message sent".

You have also mentioned that "distribution is triggered automatically"..... Can you please explain how can we trigger the distribution automatically. Do you mean to say that we can trigger the distribution automatically by using workflow?

Please clarify that whether I have done any mistakes in the above processes. Otherwise should we have to configure workflow to distribute the documents manually?

You help will be highly appreciated !!!!!!!

Regards

Harshini

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Harshini,

First I would kindyl ask you to check the value for field 'File processing' and made sure that value '2' is maintained for INT and RML because this is necessary for distributing documents.

You can change this in customizing under

Cross-Application Components >> Document Management System >> Document Distribution >> Distribution Type >> Define distribution types

Further check the attached note 1008281 and afterwards please go to the SWDD transaction and enter the following worklow templates (WS20000104 and WS20000137).Go to the edit mode and activate them once again.

Additionally please maintained the user data completely (first and last name) in SU01 transaction.

The status SY indicates that there is some problem within the workflow settings. So I would kindly ask you to check your workflow settings at

Cross-Application Components >> Document Management >> Document Distribution >> General Settings >> SAP Business Workflow >> Verify Workflow Customizing

and make sure that here no errors are reported.

Another solution proposla I found in another message is the following:

The responsible BOR is BUS1082. This BOR method consists of a Boolean result parameter based upon which WS20000104 branches in steps 299, 346 and 469.

But if a method has a result parameter declared on the second tab 'Result type', the checkbox 'Result parameter' on the first tab 'General' has to be flagged as well.

In steps 299, 346 and 469 the following object methods are used:

- BUS1082 CREATE

- BUS1082 CHECK

- BUS1082 BUNDLE

Each of these method has the result parameter declared on the second tab 'Result type' and the checkbox 'Result parameter' on the first tab 'General' should be checked.

So please maintain the 'General' flag for this methods and then the distributions should work fine again. I hope the following steps and explanation could help to made the necessary changes.

1. Start transaction SWO1 for the BUS1082 object type in change mode.

2. Expand the Methods tree, position the cursor on the following

methods:

DocumentDistribOrder.Check

DocumentDistribOrder.Bundle

DocumentDistribOrder.Create

3. Choose the menu path Edit -> Change Release Status -> Object Type

Component -> To implemented.

4. Double-click the methods

5. A dialog box appears with the attributes of the method.

a) On the 'General' tab, you must select the 'Result parameter' indicator.

b) Choose 'Continue' <ENTER>.

6. Position the cursor on the method and choose the menu path Edit ->

Change Release Status -> Object Type Component -> To released.

7. Choose Object Type -> Generate and assign the changed object to a transport request.

Afterwards I would kindly ask you to go to the SWDD transaction and enter the following worklow templates (WS20000104 and WS20000137). Go to the edit mode and activate them once again.

Best regards,

Christoph