cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype 17getting updated automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand what is causing infotype 17 (travel privilege) to get updated automatically. Users are claiming that after entering trip request using "trip" when they go to enter traval claims (pr05) the system is throwing this error message "error while reading master account assignment" which is caused because of multiple entries in infotype 17 but I dont understand what is causing this problem.

I would be grateful if anyone can explain why this is happening and how i can prvent this from happening.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Travel Management module is not updating IT0017 automatically or creates entries.

The only "flag" which comes from travel management is the "Trips assigned"

So in fact these entries should come from HR-PA

So you have to look to theses entries in details.

Best to look to these entries is transaction SE16 (Table name PA0017)

Check who was creating these entries? (USER)

And so on....

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sigi and Sally....

Sigi you are correct the "Trips Assigned" flag is indeed getting updated but i am certain that the entries are not created from HR-PA. And also i need not go to se11/16 to view the username who created the entries as i can see them when i display the infotype 17.

The Infotype 17 problem is not happening for all employees but only for cerrtain employees (which i am not able to know beforehand)....I have noticed that the new entries in infotype 17 has the same dates as that of the trip...say if the trip is from 01.06.2011 to 20.06.2011 the new entry in infotype 17 is also created with start date as 01.06.2011 and end date as 20.06.2011..

I am still confused...I am now thinking may be the problem is occuring because of authorization issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course you do not nee SE16 to see the entries. It was only a hint to compare many entries on one single screen and find out differencies or same data.

Again SAP standard Travel Management does not create entries in IT0017!

So what else can it be? Maybe a running workflow which create in background entries? (so the date and the user of creation is very important) So is the user a batch user or dialog user assigned to en employee?

Furthermor also BADI's or user exits maybe developed to create this update.

I think you really have to understand what the entry is all about (which exactly data, user and time is in it and which employees get this updates) Than you may be able to find out the structure of this.

Again - SAP Travel is not creating these entries.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sigi you were correct Travel management wasn't updating the privilege infotype the problem was with some workflows i got it fixed. Cheers!

0 Kudos

Did you check that there is no inconsistent entries in infotype 17 eg overlapping or duplicated records for the personnel numbers or indeed invalid cost assignment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sally there are duplicate entries but i dont know how these entries are created. I can resolve the problem by removing the duplicate entries but i am interested in knowing what is causing these enteries to be created in the first place.

Is there any other way of editing infotype 17 without actually going via PA30???? Any thoughts....

0 Kudos

It can happen if your records are not properly delimited in the 1st place - thats the most common cause that I have seen.