Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to call Event Hadler from one view to another

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to call event handler (like onactionsumbit, to calculate result based on selection options) from one view to another view,

Please tell me the way, how to call?

Advance thanks.

Regards,

BBC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shahid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can create a EVENT in component controller....

and you can call this event in component controller method/....(if you want to use it globally)

now you can create a method @ VIEW... next to the method name. you can define the event name....

now whenever you trigger the event the method @ view gets called

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks your help,

resolved the issue, assigned the points.

created method and called like this wd_this->get_data ().

Regards,

BBC

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

calling event handler is same as calling any method.

suppose event name is 'Submit' then event handler method would be 'onactionSubmit' so call this method

wd_this->onactionsubmit( ), remeber you need to pass event parameters with this method call, i dont see any general use of calling event handler method, which are called when event is triggered.

to navigate from one view to another you have to use plugs between views.

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

In my scenario I have created two windows. First window is having one view and second window having two views.

Here I used alv interactive functionality. If we click on any record in base window then it shows the relevant record information in second window. If we edited & saved the record then base window should be refreshing.

For this I did invalidate node for base table node (it is working) then I am not able to call the calculation part action event from first window -view.

Is there way to call eventhadler from one view to another view?

Regards,

BBC