cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EHP1 for Solution Manager 7.0 - Post Install Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks:

I completed Sol Manager 7.0 EHP1 installation on Win 2008 R2 with MS SQL in a sandbox environment. This is the first time I ever installed SAP on my own and i am in the process of performing post installation steps from Installation Guide.

In the install guide, there is no mention of creating a new client ex: 100. Could you please, provide a list of tasks that generally needed to perform after the installation is completed and before doing any configuration in Solution manager.

I have some very basic idea on the Basis but while going thru Installation Guide I am not sure if there any steps that generally need to perform to complete the installation. My goal is to complete the Sol Mgr installation first and then start preparing for ECC 6.0 Installation.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First - the basic post installation steps are:

1. sick t-code need to execute

2. se06 --> Perform Post-Installation Actions

3. RZ10 --> Utilities --> Import profiles --> Of active servers

4. execute sgen T-code --> This will take some time

5. setup STMS

6. create client (If custom required)

7. Take backup of the system

For the solution manager client you could use the default created '001' client.

Next you need to run the solman_setup template which 'sets up' the SolMan for usage.

Follow config guide at: https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000308502009E.PDF

For installing the ECC system, only a install key(from SMSY) is to be generated from SolMan. But if you want to use the SolMan effectively, suggest you to run the entire solman_setup.

Regards,

Srikishan

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You might want to visiti the Ramp Up Knowledge Transfer Page here:

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000707668&;

Start with Overview and Setup

Regards,

Paul