cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc to xml-file

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

my scenario is i need to transfer an idoc from my r/3 system to XI system process it and than to store the xml file.

i have done the necessary configuration in my r/3 system and also in idx1 and idx2 of my xi system. and i am even able to see success status in my r/3 that the idoc is send succusfully.

but, i am not able to find the idoc in xi system. where can i find it exactly. my doubt is actually where does the idoc comes to, is it the xi sytem where we configured idx1 and idx2 or the actual integration server.

and also what would be my receiver bussiness system in this scenario, where i use the idoc adapter in receiver communication channel.

thanks in advance,

raju N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First check SM 59 for your IDOC status in R/3 system.

check this also....

In IDOC -File scenario you need not use IDOC Adapter.Onely thing you need Reciever File Adapter in this scenario..

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Once you have populated the idoc control record with the correct data as part of the R/3 and the XI configuration for idoc interfaces, the idoc will come to XI thru the tRFC port maintained.

Pls do check the following.

1. In SAP-XI, check the transaction SXMB_MONI to see whether you have got the idoc message assuming all the configurations are done properly.

2. If the point 1 is not working then check the transaction, SM58 of your sender R/3 system to see whether any idoc messages are struck there. If so see whats the error. This may include incorrect maintenance of logical system for the technical system in SLD, authorization of the background user in RFC destination, etc, etc...

3. If points 1 & 2 are not there then in WE02 of your sender R/3 system, check for the status of the outbound IDoc created by you and rectify the error. Mostly this happens in erroneous population of control record, if idoc is created programmatically, then structure population, etc.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jk,

thanks for your reply but unless and until i decide with the receiver bussiness system i cant get the idoc.what exactly could my bussiness system would be for my scenario that could contain idoc adapter in receiver determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

You shud have the following

A business system for the sender R/3 and one business system for ur receiver system. Receiver system you can maintain one in your SLD as a thirdparty system...why because you are downloading the idoc data into a xml file...and its in the application layer of the R/3 system. For this pls do the creation of the following..

a) software component version

b) product which uses this software component version

c) Technical system and Business system configured based on points a) & b).

Once its done, assign this business system into your configuration scenario from the SLD and in your receiver determination, you can use it.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jk,

i configured as per your specification, if you can provide me with an elobrated information i can move further. my problem is we are very much clear with the sender system we tried even sending an idoc and watched the moniter we found that an error message

"party and service defined".which adapter should we use for third party bussiness system. we tried using file adapter.

thanks,

raju N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Yes u r correct. You can use the file adapter. This will help u in getting the xml file written. Now you need to get the application layer file path which u need to provide in the file adapter.

Then regarding the "party and service defined" error, can you pls be a bit more elaborative.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jk,

the following error is been displayed when trigger a idoc in my r/3 system look in message monitor

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Message Branch According to Receiver List

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">PARTY_SERVICE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Party and service not defined</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

my requirment is actually i need the xml format of my idoc which i had sent from r/3 into a folder of application layer in xi. if i take a third party bussiness system as reciver service and file adapter as communication what are my further settings. also another important thing is that i need not do anything with idoc-xml i received. just i need to see it in my application layer folder. the error that occured before is when i tried to process the xml using an inbound interface which is a imported idoc structure from my r/3 system and my target interface is a pip3 purchase order conformation etc etc. and also i didnot specify a proper target location for the processed xml.

thanks a lot,

raju N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I thought i will just share a few basic thoughts that you need to take care while doing an IDOC to File Scenario. Just go through it and compare it with what you have done.....

While doing an IDOC -> XI -> File scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you don’t have a sender agreement as you don’t have a sender IDOC adapter.

If it is that you wanted to send an IDOC from XI (File to IDOC) , then in this case:

points 1 and 2 will remain, but the 3 will not. You will need a sender agreement for the file and a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

IDOC -> File scenario ref:

<a href="/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters scenario</a>

File -> IDOC ref:

<a href="/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping to IDOC</a>

To be able to trigger your IDOC from the SAP ISU system, you will have to set the partner profile in we20. Select your Business System (mostly under Logical system) and then create Outbound entries for whichever IDOC you want to trigger.

You define your basic type also in your partner profile settings, Please go thru the following links to get a better idea about partner profile:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b833243d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b7cd343d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/32/692037b1f10709e10000009b38f839/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5e/b8f8bf356dc84096e4fedc2cd71426/frameset.htm

Also, I would suggest that you go through this blog by michal if any issue arises,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello thomas,

let me give a detail view of my problem.

i have made all the necessary configuration that need to be done to send a idoc to xi system. than i also configured the transactions idx1, idx2 of the xi system.

at design time i have imported idoc of the same type which i used to send to xi. this acts as my outbound message interface right. i have done the necessary mapping to target which is pip3a4 and assigned a inbound interface to it.

at the configuration time i have taken two bussiness systems one is my r/3 system and the other one is a third party system. i assigned third party system as my receiver service, and used a file adapter in my communication channel. and also configured my receiver determination and interfaces.

but when i tried to send the idoc from r/3 i can see the status as succusfully sent in my r/3. and the followig error message is shown in my monitor.

as far as i am considered i am able to identify one problem that is i had to define a party in my configuration, is there any thing else i need to do.

its urgent please help me regarding,

thanks in advance,

raju N

Message was edited by: Raju N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>at design time i have imported idoc of the same type which i used to send to xi. this acts as my inbound message interface right.</i>

No need to create message interface for IDoc or RFC in this case.This acts as oubound not a inbound....

<i>i have done the necessary mapping to target which is pip3a4 and assigned a outbound interface to it</i>

It should be a Inbound message Interface..

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sekhar,

yes shekhar i already designed as you specified as you told, it was a typing mistake. please coule you help me further.

thanks

raju N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

it would be helpful to me if some one solves my problem.its very urgent.

thanks,

raju N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

see this...may helpful

sekhar