cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error User session (HTTP/SMTP/..) closed after timeout WDA on portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this seems to be a frequent issue reported in this forum, but looking at all the threads I could not find a solution for us. We get this error when clicking twice on a portal IView pointing to a WDA, whether it is custom or SAP provided. We wait for about a second before clicking the same link a second time, and we get this error consistently. Never happens for our BSP IViews, ITS Iviews, URL Iviews, only WDA do this. And it seems to be only on Internet Explorer - we have IE 7.0 - Mozilla works fine.

Nothing is set for timeout on the WDA or IView as far as I checked. We tried playing with a few profile parameters, still does not work. Anyone was able to fix this ? Please help ! Thanks,

Mireille

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mireille

Check the value of parameter "icm/server_port _0" in the transaction RZ10 which should be 80$$ if say your port number is 8080. Generally this timed out problem comes with the port number issue and timed out settings.

Regards

Brillion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brillon, we checked and yes, this parameter is set correctly. Still getting the error... I wonder how to explain that this happens with IE, not Firefox. Thanks anyways,

Mireille

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have had this problem and our Administrators installed these notes and it includes some kernel updates.

Note 1147394 - Error message "Session timeout" when using Portals

Note 1240592 - Web Dynpro ABAP appls in portal result in timeout dumps

Note 1597836 - HTTP session handling in IC multi session scenarios

Note 1427190 - ABAP sessions are displaced for applications in the portal

Note 1585064 - ERROR: Premature EOS in request