Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Payment Lot Reconciliation

Hello Experts,

Our client has requirement for payment reconciliation i.e. validating payment posted using payment lot (bank payment lot file contains specific individual customer transactions) and actual cash received in the bank account/s. (contained in the BAI file, but it doesnu2019t contain specific customer transactions).

We have suggested below solution -

Payment vendor (Example. Bank or Credit Card process) payment file will be processed using standard SAP Payment Lot processing. This will debit specific BANK Clearing Accounts example. You receive payment lot file from the XYZ Bank, then it will debit XYZ Bank clearing account. Now, next day they receive BAI file from the bank containing actual cash, they will use it to credit XYZ Bank clearing account and then to debit Master Bank Account GL.

So this way, they will be able to find the difference if the cash posted in BAI is different than the cash posted through bank payment lot file.

I would like to know what the best approach to solve this problem. Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Nikhil

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question