cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while designing scenario for Mail adaptor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please help me on Mail configuration issue.

Scenario: RFC(A) to RFC(B) --> Sync. Scenario

Requirement: In my scenario, once the response is coming back from receiver system, we have to pick few fields value from response structure and send it via mail to recipients.

[For mail related mapping, I am using Standard Mail Package structure. ]

Issue: As in my operation mapping I am using Sender interface as RFC(A) and receiver interface as RFC(B) and configured the ID part as well. I am getting back the response from RFC(B) but Now need to do mapping with Mail structure.

But I am not sure where exactly in Operation mapping I should put mail SI so that use my mail related mapping in OM response tab.

Please help me out to solve this issue or if any other way to do this mail part.

Regards,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am closing this thread.

Problem of my scenario has been solved, as I have used udf for sending mail to the respective groups from respective response message mapping and not used the alert FM for this purpose.

Thanks

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you can also use standard module for this requirement

"Request Response Bean"

It will be much easier than BPM because as RFC(A) is not looking for any response it will become as async-sync call

So you can go for this module wheich is async-sync bridge

Regards

Sandeep

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

best way to handle this requirement is Using BPM, you can Map response to Mail .

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here actually we are avoiding to use BPM...

Requirement has changed a bit.. Now RFC(B) response has not to be send back to sender system, only mail need to send with few response field values.

I developed simple Sync scenario - Sender SI { Request- RFC(A), Resp- Mail pkg } & Receiver SI { Request-RFC(B), Resp-RFC(B) } & OM {Request MM(RFC.A to RFC.B) & Resp MM(RFC.B to Mail Pkg)}

Overall design:

=============

Sender Sys(A) --> SI.Request(RFC.A)-> OM.request -> SI.Request(RFC.B) -> Receiver Sys(B) --> SI.resp(RFC.B) --> OM.response --> SI.Resp (Mail pkg) --> BusService(For Mail server)

Tested the scenario and its successful in sxmb_moni but between SysA & SysB (In response msg, desired mail structure also created) but mail has not been sent to recipient via BusService, I checked the CC monitoring for mail adapter but got no message there even if com channel is started.

• There is no problem with the Mail adaptor and mail server setting as its working fine for other scenario (Async).

Experts, here I have a doubt, Is it not possible for sysnc scenarios to send response in other then sender system ( In my case mail server) without using BPM ???

Can we handle this Mail part using this scenario only??

Edited by: RaghavTiwari on Aug 7, 2011 5:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this approach

1) Create 2 Async service interfaces, 1 o/b & 1 i/b referring to the mail package in PI. Now goto SPROXY in Sender SAP system, generate the proxy class.

2) In your sender SAP system, in the program, where you call this RFC A, once you get the response, map selected fields from the response to the proxy class you created in step 1 and make an async proxy call to send it to PI -> email receiver.

Another option is to use BPM, make the sync RFC B in BPM , send response back to ECC & also have another send step to send to email channel after a mapping to mail xsd format.

Thanks

Saravana

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One possible way is during response mapping use java mapping or UDF to send mail with attachment. You can design interface rfc to rfc sync as is. Just handle email using UDF or java mapping....

Refer this link

Refer also stefan blog for java mapping mail sending with attachment