cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Logout when idle not working for transaction iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we open an SAP system using transaction iview and if the screen is idle for 30 mins, auto logout doesn't seem to be work.

We have verified that rdisp/gui_auto_logout parameter is set to 1800 i.e., 30 min. which a default value. Do we have to activate this service or its activated by default? Let me know if any other parameter needs to be configured.

Also, is there a way to detect multiple sessions when SAP transaction is executed like the way SAP Logon pad detects when user has logged in into SAP system on different PC?

We are using NW portal 7.01 and IE 7.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the param icm/keep_alive_timeout does only that if within this time interval new data arrives over the network from the partner, the ICM attempts to keep the connection open once it has been established. If, for the existing connection, there is no further communication within the specified time period, the ICM terminates the connection. and this is a static param so if u change this it needs a sys restart and the param rdisp/plugin_auto_logout is also dependent on the above param as then it delets only the user context after the time period is reached not the work process context and the param login/disable_multi_gui_login works only for dialog log ins not for prta and as far as my knowledge there is no other way to detect this but i heard like by doing some code changes u can know something regarding that.

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep Srimanthula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

As the backend system would be accessed via ICM when using an iView, try changing the profile parameters icm/keep_alive_timeout and icm/conn_timeout for the ABAP system.

Regards,

Srikishan