cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center not populating in billing document in material line item.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We created sales order. Further we did delivery, PGI and then billing. When we did 'release to accounting', it gave error "Enter CO object for GL 321000" My GL account 321000 is revenue account (with 11 cost element category) Hence it should pick up profit center from material master. But its not happening.

When we saw billing document in VF02, we saw that Profit Center field is not populated in material line item in that billing document.

The above error is for company code 5500. But the posting is done to same GL account when we are trying in other company code. In that other company code, that profit center field is populated in that billing document.

My profit center field in field status group for GL account is OPTIONAL. and profit center exists in my material master also.

Please help why profit center not populating in material line item in that billing document.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many threads already in the forum with similar questions answered; For example check this link

Also I would like to suggest the material master of the selling sales organization for profit center assignment. You may also need to check whether any user exit is preventing population of the profit center in the billing document.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have maintained the profit center in Sales/general Plant tab in MAterial master.

Also see whether in sales order at line item level in account assignment tab you have entered the profit center.

The integration points are following:

Sales order: the profit center is determined and copied to the following documents.

Move from the document flow to the sales order. Place the cursor on the Standard Order and click the 'Display document'-button.

The sales order does not create any documents to accounting. However, some of the account assignments are decided at this point. There are accounting relevant fields on both header and item level. The item level fields are more relevant. The sales order items can be splitted into different deliveries and invoices and the accounting information follows the items. Generally you could say that the header level information is customer related and item level is product related.

Select the sales order line item and then menu Goto / Item / Account Assignment (or double click the item row and open tab Account Assignment).

The profit center is defined at sales order level. Depending on the system settings the profit center comes either from the material master (View: Sales:General/Plant) according to delivering plant (transaction MM03) or from the Sales order substitution rules defined in profit center accounting (transaction 0KEL). With these rules the profit center can be defined for example according to sales organisation, product or customer characterics.

Regards,

Saju.S

If no profit center is found and COPA is active, the dummy profit center is used. If COPA is not active, the profit center is left empty and you will get an error situation in billing.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a inter company code sale. So we create purchase order. We did goods issue from selling company code and entries are giving error in selling company code.

I checked material master tab. Profit Center is there. I didn't found the 'standard document' in the document flow.