cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight charge in credit memos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I need to be able to credit customers for overcharged freight. how can i accomplish this using the CR order type? Note, the credit will only be for freight, it will NOT have any materials on it. can this be accomplished and what is the best way to get it done?

Regards,

Ottley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create a DUMMY MATERIAL, net value = 0

Create a credit memo request from your invoice (F2). Delete all material line items, give 1EA of dummy material, net value = 0.add KF00 = amount you want to repay to the customer. Give order reason, if something indicating repay excess freight charges, then clearer. Save the credit memo request.

Remove the billing block and create credit memo.

Thus there would be no confusion, at a later stage (w.r.t material)

Good luck!

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 5, 2011 9:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I`ve explored the idea of a dummy material but the business isnt too keen on that solution, they`re worried about diluting the reporting and the effect on reporting profitability. I`m aware that the dummy material can be differentiated from other ones as it is a solution that i used at one of my previous companies.

The bottom line question here is, if no material is to be used ( and i know this is difficult since we want to process the credit through SD) is there any other way that this can be done through SD?

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to raise Credit / Debit note for Freight charges

Try to Use the Condition Type RK: Invoice Correction Req based on the billing number and try to change the Freight Charges and save and VF01 Enter the Number and Create Credit /Debit Note to the Customer

IF my assumption is correct try to follow what i mentioned above

If i am wrong please explain once again what do you want exactly

Regards,

Prasanna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to create a new pricing procedure where your PR00 should be set to statistical with an account key assigned against your freight condition type. Assign this pricing procedure to your document type pricing procedure in OVKK.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

and i wont need to enter a material code? functionally how does it work if i do what you say?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Your suggestion is interesting! Unfortunately it might have unintended effect. If you are assigning a pricing procedure with PR00 as statistical it shall effect ALL credit memo requests. That would create issues for the business.

Hi,

To answer your question - If you set PR00 as statistical, the value of PR00 for that material shall not be posted to customer account. Thus if following proposed way (by Lakshmipathi) you can put Target quantity = 1 and proceed.

Regards.