Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME java mapping with ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I need to keep the users of my AS Java syncronized with some user in ERP.

Thats means, when some user change some information in ABAP, i need to get this information and change in AS Java too, like email or password...

I can't use CUA, and i can't use that function that syncronized ABAP user in AS Java automatically. There is another way to do it?

Could somene help me?

Best Regards

Marcos Brandã

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use ABAP user store as a source for UME. In that case you do your user management in ABAP and all changes are replicated. This used to be used in double stack scenario but it should be possible to use it for two separate systems.

Another solution is to use IdM but this is not an easy task. Another solution is to use SPML to sync data between ABAP and Java (that interface is used by IdM for user provisioning) but these custom solution create more problems than they solve.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Thanks for your response,

When i was talking about the function that syncronized the user in abap and java, i was talking exactly about use ABAP user store as a source for UME. This solution doesn't wirk because the customer do not when activate this. He is worried about the performance and the information of the user in 2 diferent location, there is a lot of users in ABAP user store and he don't want this solution.

I need to get just specific user to reply in Java stack user store. I kown how can i do it without get user password, but this do not resolve to me. I need the same user credencials in both systems.

I will see th SPML / Idm and what kind of problems this solution brings to me, if this solve my problem, i will try to use it.

There is another way, instead this two way? maybe get the encripted password, decript it and save in java user store with encription mecanism of ume?

Best Regards

Marcos Brandao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Your customer is asking for trouble. Using the ABAP UME works just fine.

In my company, the Abap UME of the SAP Portal is the SAP ECC6 system wich is also the HR system.

As we use web applications for all employees. Each HR pernr creates automatically an ECC6 user and so a Portal user.

This is for 9 500 employees and it works perfectly with no performance problem.

Of course if ECC6 is stopped, it is not possible to use the portal but application wise the portal is unusable without ECC. So it is not a problem.

Regards,

Olivier