cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to apply SAP Note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am not able to apply note 1570282 & 1572746 in Development or Quality system. Client is open (SCC4).

When I download the note thru SNOTE, System gives message "System setting does not allow changes to be made to object NOTE 0001570282"

Thanks in advance,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor

You have to modify the Global setting on SE06, the object which will be updated by this note perhaps was non-modificable on SE06. Check that.

Regards,

Subhash

venkata_emandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure SE06 and SCC4 both settings are set to open and allow to apply the snote.

Venkata

venkata_emandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure SE06 and SCC4 both settings are set to open and allow to apply the snote.

Venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subhash,

Thanks

Problem is solved.

I need to change in SE06 for /SSA/ objects.

I have made "Service Software Addon Packages" to modifiable and non-modifiable after implimeting note.

Regards,

Nirav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Note Assistant (transaction SNOTE) helps you to implement SAP OSS notes. Although it is not perfect it does generally make the application of OSS notes a much easier process. Note assistant is at its best when all that is required is a simple code deletion/insertion into an existing ABAP object. If the object does not exists then you will be required to do the creation bit manually, note assistant will then be able to insert the ABAP code.

Another benefit of SAP note assistant is that it automatically prompts you to implement any prerequisite notes that apply.

Note assistants biggest problem comes when updates have been provided by SAP but not for general release (i.e. a specific fix for your company) or you have modified standard SAP code. If note assistant tries to update an object which has been changed using this method then it may have trouble inserting the code in the correct place.

Implementing an OSS note via SAP note assistant

The table below outlines the simple steps required to implement an OSS note using SAP note assistant (SNOTE).

Step Icon Description

1 Download note (differnt icon depending on your version of SAP)

2 Set process status to u2018in processu2019

3 Read note instructions

4 Implement note (popup will appear allowing you to read note)

5 View implementation log, add comments of your own

6 Set status to u2018completeu2019

De-implement note

Note browser (view all in system for your user)

Download latest version of SAP notes

Regards,

K.Ramamoorthy