cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI Alert Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have configured ALTRCATDER and given the name of the PI user as recepient in Fixed Receipents.

RWB-> Alert Configuration I have Created rule also.

Still I am not able to get alerts in my Alert inbox.

I just want to send internal alet to my alet inbox....

I have some Questions in my mind.

1: Is any SCOT Setting required.

2: On Running SOST ,I am getting error information as

Send method- Via internet

Sender - XI uid

Reciever - XI uid

I am not sure how to test my configuratio. If I run report RSALERTTEST it gives me eroor as I have mentioned some external emai id in user profile fo PI user. No route defined to XI user id to external mail id...

Please suggest....

Regards

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/pravesh.sharma/blog/2009/07/02/configuration-for-forwarding-alerts-as-emails

use the blog to check your settings.

Also contact your basis team to confirm if the mail service and exchange server is setup to send emails to your email id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru

I understood the concern,My doubt is I am not expecting mail shd go to external mail id,

As I have no need to configure smtp in Scot.

I just want mail to be sent to Alert inbox if any error occurs in Channels.

Regards

Deepak

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then no need for SMTP configuration. In Alert category Fixed receiptents add your user ID.

Open RWB Alert inbox using your ID .in your Inbox you can see the messages.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SCOT is only required if you want to send mails externally.

If all you need is the alerts in alert inbox, just add the user to the alert category in ALRTCATDEF or subscribe.

Create alert rules in RWB and whenever the required error happens, you should get the alerts

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check the report RSALERTDISP to see if any alert got generated.

Check report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER to see if alert generation failed or something.

Thanks,

Sunil chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debashish,

I am already fan of yours.

I had done all the settings as yo usaid.... but still the mail to not ocming to Alert inbox...

AlTRCATDEF , Aler rules both setting had beendone......

What elds required......

Regards

Deepak sodhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have already added your SAP Id in fixed receipients list and not able to receive alerts, then probably you need to verify the e-mail address in the user profile.

Tcode: SU01 - Check the e-mail address maintained in your profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are trying to read from Alert Inbox, you need to subscribe to the alerts.

You can do this from RWB --> Alert Inbox --> Subscription --> Click on the grey light bulb.

You will now see the alerts in your inbox as you have subscribed to receive them.

If you still don't receive alerts, check SICF and ensure that sxms_alertrules and alertinbox services are active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagarnun,

Thanks for your reply.

My boubt is that as I am not expecting any alet to be sent as email to outside network, inthat case email id in the user profile does matters or not?

I beliver that matters when I configure SMTP to send mail outside. I just want to get alerts in alertinbox.

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

I checked ,Alert rule and SICF active status is there.

And Under subscription I don't find any grey bulb...

please suggest how to go ahead/

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

What is the user name that you have given? Is it your own user?

If not, try using your own user name and see if you can see the alert in your Alert inbox.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

Actually I Had given my own sap user id..

One thing i noted that on any mapping eror alert is getting tirggerd asuccesfully as shown in log reader and saying successfully

delivered.

but it is not coming to my alert inbox. Thats the issu.e

REgards

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Could you please check if the option "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" is disabled in Alert Configuration?

Also, if the Rule Active option is enabled.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

I am usingmy SAP XI USer id and password.

I have kept wrong file and Alerts are getting succusffuly in Logreader I can check.

In alert rule also I have uncheck supress multiple alert opion.

My doubt is that. In XI. one RFC "CentralMonitoringServer-XI Alerts" is there pointing to XI itself.

Logon data in that is SAP USER ID,not PIRWBUSR. will it affects.

And other thing I told my Baisis person to chane ito PIRWBUSR, he is saying I don't know default pass for user as

it is created by sap*.

please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks friends for your valuable replies.

still my issue had not been resolved.

I had found one cause that could be one of the reason for alerts not coming to alert inbox.

In SAP XI . SM59 one RFC " Central Monitoring Servers-XI Alerts" have doesn't have User as PIRWBUSER.

Have checked with my basis team , they replied we are not aware of the password.. Have checked Exchange profile

and found password is set.

No body wants to reset it..

Please help how to resolve the issue. Is my understanding is oK...

Regards

deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check these links

/people/pravesh.sharma/blog/2009/07/02/configuration-for-forwarding-alerts-as-emails

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1

Thanks

Ray.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like there is some issue with your alert config settings. Please check that once.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepak,

Search for "How to configure Alerts in PI for External mail Id's" you will get some in SDN.

Regards

Praveen K