cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retransport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am new in BASIS my team is doing system refresh in every 3rd month. Now he gave me task to take backup of Production system's Transport request. That are not released yet. i have checked that is around 200 TR. guide me the best way so that i can backup and retransport again.

PrinceJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venkata_emandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

one of the way is to List out all the transport request in non- released state via SE10 and one the system refresh production to quality is done import those transports back from Development to Quality and then to production.

Thanks

venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkata

not clear with you, but seems good. Can you brief once. i think you have done this.

venkata_emandi
Participant
0 Kudos

My understanding is that you know the list of transport that you have to reimport back to production after your system Refresh is done.

Untill the data file and cofile of a transport available at OS level you can always import the transport again to a system by adding it to buffer of a system.

Hope that helps

thanks

venkata

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why they want to take the backup of Production transport request ? in which system you are soing the refresh ?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every 3rd month we do refresh production to quality.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You want to refresh Quality.

2. You are doing developements on Quality and 200 unreleased transport you have.

You have to Identify all those unreleased transport you can look on table either E070 or E070C and you will find all the unreleased request over there. Then release all of them and after refresh import all of them. There are some manual work required.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Yes its Quality.

2.And 200 unreleased TR is showing on production.

Can you brief little, what is manual work?

PrinceJ

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2.And 200 unreleased TR is showing on production.

That doesn't make sense... if you are refreshing QA you need to check the transports that where imported in QA but not sent to production and retransport them..

And you shouldnt have to save any transports as they should come from delelopment system, in regular conditions no transports/developements should be released from QA

Regards

Juan

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can you brief little, what is manual work?

I was refering manual work about releasing all these transport on QA which perhaps you have to transport again after refresh. But as Juan said why it's been created on QA? it should be created on Dev system.

Regards,

Subhash