Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRILL_UP and DRILL_DOWN DP Macro and data view refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Need your help with the following:

I have the following characteristics in the data view:

Site, Plant, Unit, Product Family, Material.

1. When go into the data view, I am at the most detailed level.

2. I created a macro so that I DRILL_UP( 'Material' ; INTERNAL ) and run it.

3. Then I run another macro to perform calculations at this level. Basically, I am disaggregating a key figure based on another key figure in this step (since disaggregation at the lowest level does not make sense). This works because there is nothing fancy here.

4. I created a macro so that I DRILL_DOWN( 'Material' ; INTERNAL )

Problem: When I run this macro in the data view, the whole data view values look like they are messed up. Only the totals values can be seen and no other values. This is the case when I drill up, and when I drill down. This is actually the case even when I did not use the INTERNAL option for DRILL_UP and DRILL_DOWN.

Here is the thing. When I save the data view, everything gets refreshed and all the values get correctly populated at the lowest level as expected. So, it seems that the problem is with refresh.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rico_frenzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Satish,

the option INTERNAL should only be used if you do a DRILL DOWN first and then a DRILL UP (within one macro).

Since you drill up first and perform a drill down later on, the information is not reflected to the GUI.

So you should try the macros without INTERNAL.

Best regards

Rico Frenzel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just to add to the above replies from our two experts.

I checked your scenario, and I think maybe you can acheive this just by changing the macro's execution level, from detailed level to aggregated level. Here you do not need the drill_down and drill_up macros, which are time consuming ...

Please have a try and good luck

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the issue by applying note 1533029.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Perhaps, if there is a function for refresh of the data view, could you let me know? I searched and did not find one like that.

Thanks,

Satish