cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection date in Delivery creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the schedule line is not confirmed in sales order (due to zero atp stock i think ) and if I try to create a delivery, system will give a response that " no schedule lines are due for delivery with a yellow question mark against the message ".

If I click on the question mark, system will say that schedule line is not confirmed. System also says that We can postpone the "selection date" in future to create the delivery.

now my questions are :-

a) how can giving a later date in "selection date" field in VL01N helps us to create delivery ... I cannot understand that since ATP is zero. Pls explain by means of an example

b) Will we be able to do PGI if we are able to create a delivery as in step a above. I think PGI looks for actual stock and not ATP stock !

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please dont get confused with Selection Date in delivery initial screen with Actual GI Date. Selection date is nothing but your system date where you can neither predate nor post date. Actual GI Date is you can pre-date but the pre-requisite is on that back date, stock should have been made available.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

(1) When you create outbound delivery with reference to sales order, you mention the selection date and sales order number.

The system checks the delivery selection date against the schedule line for each item. If the material availability date and transportation planning date falls on or before the delivery selection date, then the system copies the item into the delivery.

If the material is not available on the selection date, then the system would give an error message. Thus, while creaing delivery, mention the selection date on or after the material availability date.

(2) PGI is possible once the material is has completed the transportation and delivery scheduling processes.

Regards,

Dhrubajit

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Pamela,

When you create a sales order, system checks the availabke quanity and check what are the earlier sales order adn Delivery order assign to it.

If the balnce qunaity is sufficient for the sales order then it gives the Schedule line.

In case when you create the Sales order and that time qty is ZERO, it will check for the material what is

(from MM03 - MRP2 view)

Scheduling:

In-house production 0 days

GR Processing Time 1 days

So sales order will do and show Availability check like

6.8.2011 confirm qty 5 and TICK mark wil be ter.

And u saved the file.

IF you try to do delivery system will show the error.

no schedule lines are due for delivery with a yellow question mark against the message ".

and if you enetr selection date : 6.8.2011

it wil go inside but No qty will come in Deleivery order so No PGI will happen.

-

In case if they manufaactured the product today itself,

Since SALES order confrmed on 6, DO will show the error again For this issue

Either

OPen the sales order Do availability check

or

Enter a future selection date and proceed

Regards,

Mani