cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP Upgrade - Trying to understand the concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, this is an effort to understand the concept. I have been doing Basis work for the past 10 years approximately. All along, I have been doing the typical LCP and SP upgrades way back from legacy systems until now (ECC 5.0 / BW 3.5). We have recently upgraded our BW 3.5 to BI 7.01 and also created a dual stack (we never had Java stack before for BW). This is my situation. Below are my questions. Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

1. Do we still have the SP Stack upgrades within Ehp 1? Or, has it been revamped completely and there is no more SP upgrades and we only need to do EhP upgrades? In this case, if I have to upgrade from Netweaver 7.01, is my only option upgrading to 7.02?

2. Is there a place where I can start to catchup with the whole EhP concept? I would like to know the maintenance life cycle and the impact on our environment.

3. Are there any specific upgrade guides that will guide me in transitioning from the typical SP upgrade methodology to EhP upgrade methodology. Also, I would like to know how did you transition (learning curve) from someone who had been with typical SP upgrade for a long time and how did you adopt yourself to the new path (like what guides did you use, what links did you follow, etc)

NOTE: I have heard the EhP upgrades are similar to release upgrades and I have done handful of release upgrades.

Thank you so much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>1. Do we still have the SP Stack upgrades within Ehp 1? Or, has it been revamped completely and there is no more SP upgrades and we only need to do EhP upgrades? In this case, if I have to upgrade from Netweaver 7.01, is my only option upgrading to 7.02?

Yes we do have both option available. Either we can go for SP upgrade or we can go with EHP upgrade.

>2. Is there a place where I can start to catchup with the whole EhP concept? I would like to know the maintenance life cycle and the impact on our environment.

Yes. http://Service.sap.com/erp-ehp is the place where you can get all the infromation and document.

>3. Are there any specific upgrade guides that will guide me in transitioning from the typical SP upgrade methodology to EhP upgrade methodology. Also, I would like to know how did you transition (learning curve) from someone who had been with typical SP upgrade for a long time and how did you adopt yourself to the new path (like what guides did you use, what links did you follow, etc)

Everything is available on Service marketplace.

Regards,

Subhash