cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm: Enabling transport requests & Flow

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am following the following procedure.

1) In SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, create a maintenance project. In System Landscape tab, under IMG tab, IMG projects are created in Satellite systems. In Change Request tab, Activate Change Request Management is enabled and the task lists and Service Desk transition (8000000005) are created.

2) Now I come to crm_dno_monitor and search for task 8000000005. Under status I set it to u2018In Development with Releaseu2019

My question is

I did not get a window or menu option to create a Transport request.

Which is the step where I create the transport request?

I am unable to get the option u2018Set to In Developmentu2019 in Actions Menu

What should be done to get the option in Actions Menu?

Regards,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is

I did not get a window or menu option to create a Transport request.

Which is the step where I create the transport request?

For Urgent Correction - The window to create transport pops up when you set the Change Document to development.

For Normal Correction - After the Change Doc is set to "in Dev" you have to select "Create Transport Request" option from the action button drop down list on the Change Doc.

I am unable to get the option u2018Set to In Developmentu2019 in Actions Menu

What should be done to get the option in Actions Menu?

Make sure you are in the Change Document and not the Change Request. Also you should be in the edit mode to see the "Action Button" option.

0 Kudos

Hello Sidharth,

Thanks.

After opening change request, how can we go to change document?

What is the menu path for this?

Another doubt is while creating change request, I did not specify the project, so how can change document and change request linked?

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

you should really go through some of the online SAP ChaRM resources like the blogs. You need to get a basic understanding of the process before you go forward. The basic questions you are asking about navigation are just the tip of the iceberg, and you'll be back 5 minutes later with another question.

I'd recommend starting with these. Dolores has been a wealth of information for anyone getting into ChaRM.

/people/dolores.correa/blog

Jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

Can you please visit this link for further explanation

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/23/change-request-management-scenario-working-examples

And for general information related to ChaRM please visit this link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ChangeRequestManagement

Regards,

Paul