cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate data in drop down box dynamically in adobe form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

I am new to adobe interactive form can anybody please tell me how to fill data in a drop down box dynamically? I am using webservices method.

Thanks in advance.

Chitta Ranjan Mahato

Edited by: mahato123 on Aug 5, 2011 12:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create a method to populate the context attribute that you are using to map to your dropdown box.

DATA: node_info TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node_info.
DATA: it_table TYPE wdr_context_attr_value_list.

** select your dropdown data into it_table and pass it to your context attribute.
** here, mine is call PROJ_TYPE - the values should appear in your dropdown.

node_info->set_attribute_value_set(
     name      = 'PROJ_TYPE'
     value_set = it_table ). 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir

I am using web service method to design adobe form not web dynpro for java . Earlier i used drop down list with but done

binding statically all options i add in the list manually. please tell me sir where i write this code . i am not finding any area in layout where i write above code.

Thanks

Chitta Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir

I am using web service method to design adobe form not web dynpro for java . Earlier i used drop down list with but done

binding statically all options i add in the list manually. please tell me sir where i write this code . i am not finding any area in layout where i write above code.

Thanks

Chitta Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're using ABAP Webdynpro not Java.

I put this code in the in WDOINIT method of my web dynpro application because my drop down values are selected from a table prior to calling the the web dybpro application which launches the form.

Where you put it will be up to how your web dynpro works. If the dropdown values depend on user input, you'll have to place the code between that and the point where you launch your form.