cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM-QM interface - Put away the inspection sample

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dearm WM-QM experts

My question is: How can we automate the creation of a TR/TO from the sampling storage type to the final bin after entering a usage decision. The system creates a TR/TO to move the quality stock from storage type 902 to 917, but after UD the system doesn't create a TR/TO to move the stock from 917 to the final storage type/bin (say 001).

The below are the details and configs for the issue:

-

I have a materials that is flagged for inspection (say 100% sample).

I created the QM-WM interface control "Q" with storage type = 917, bin = "QUALITY" and sample handling = 1 using the following config menu path:

Logistics: Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Interfaces -> Define Quality Management -> Define Inspection Sample Control

I assigned the above interface control "Q" to my warehouse with operation = E and stock category = Q using the following config menue path:

Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Interfaces -> Define Quality Management -> Activate QM Interim Storage Type Search

When posting the GR (mvt = 101 and qty = 10 as an example), the system create a TR or a TO to move the stock from storage type 902 to 917 as Q (the entire 10 pieces are selected).

When entering a usage decision for the relevant inspection lot, the system creates a posting change notice (which I can automate to a TO) to remove the "Q" on the stock in storage type 917.

However, I need to move the quality sample (which is the entire 10 pc) from 917 to the final bin (in storage type 001). Strange is that the system doesn't propose any TR for that movement. Am I missing a config or that final TR/TO has to be created manually?

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Process the PCN generated by UD. This should create a TO with two items, one to move QI stock from 917 to 922, and another to move S or Ur (depending on UD result) stock from 922 to the storage type according to the material master and customizing.

This scenario will not create any TR.

Edited by: YorkD on Aug 5, 2011 2:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear YorkD,

The PCN that was created from the approved UD contains 2 line items:

Line 1: move the stock with Q indicator from 917 to 922

Line 2: move the stock without the Q from 922 to 917

Eventually, this PCN will remove the Q indicator from the stock in 917 (which is correct as the UD was approved), but it will not propose a transfer of the stock to the final bin (depending on the setup of the material master and put away strategies).

So, unless I've missed something, the PCN doesn't help.

Regards,

Hani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check the following two settings in your system?

1) "Post to same bin" (V_T333-KZUAP) indicator of movement type 309

2) "Propose post. change at storage bin" (V_T3010-KZUAP) indicator of storage type 917

Try to reset the two indicators if they are set and try again.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you YorkD, it finally worked.

Small note: I think you mean movement type 321 and not 309.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hani,

I am also facing the same problem.

After usage decision stock is moving from 917 Q to 922 & from 922 to 917, i tried with solution proposed above but still stock is in 917 after usage decision & processing PCN.

Could you please explain how to correct this.

Regards,

Charu

Answers (0)