cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation - Check unique Supplier + Supplier Ref.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been trying to set up a validation in MDM Data Manager but it's still not working.

The objective is to avoid the user could create (manually) more than one record with the samen Supplier name and Supplier reference, when the SAP material number is empty (this is automatically updated after creation through an interface from SAP R/3 to MDM).

In addition, there are 2 calculated fields into the repository:

'Unique key' which is the concatenation of (SAP Material nr + Supplier ID + Supplier reference).

'Supplier ID+Supplier reference': Concatenate Supplier ID + Supplier reference.

I've tried with following logic:

IF(Material type[Record]=Material type [Goods] AND IS_NULL(SAP Material nr),TRIM_ALL(Supplier ID + Supplier reference)=TRUE)

I've also tried with:

IF(Material type[Record]=Material type [Goods] AND IS_NULL(SAP Material nr),COUNT(Supplier ID +Supplier reference)<=1, Supplier reference)

I don't know if any function can check information contained on all records or they are only checking each record individually. I mean, for example, function TRIM_ALL returns you the value of specified string. But, is it searching this string into a single record? is there any function that search over all existing records into the repositories?

Could anyone show me how should I do this validation?

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Carlos,

I agree with Sowseel the 2nd method has been used in few implementations i know of.

regarding the 1st,it serves the purpose but has many more steps involved.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both for your replies.

Finally, we will do a verification throught the existing interface we already have (with ABAP API's).

In case there is more than 1 records, it will send an email to the user to delete or combine the records.

We prefer this than implementing a workflow is much more complex to set up and merge records is a manual step.

Thanks in any case for showing me the different available options.

Best regards,

Carlos Santamaria

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As i know there is no function under validation expression which checks against all records. Functionality of checking one record against all entries in MDM happens in MDM Matching mode or by a field in the main tabe which has unique key property set to Yes

We can achive your requirement in two ways....

1) You can design a workflow which triggers on Record import and Record Create and Record Update to take the record to matching steps and approvals and then check in the record. In matching step based on some Matching Strategies we can identify the duplicates and Merge them if required or else reject the record.

Start(Check Out) - > Match step -> Stop (Check in/Rollback)

2) Remove the calculated fields and replace with a text field (Which has Uniqe Field property set to Yes) using a workflow with an Assignment to update the Primary key field and your workflow trigger actions will be " Record Import, Record Add and Record Update) this will take care the functionality of your requirement...

If you want to use the Matching and Merging go with the first one and if you does not want the users to confuse much go with the second step.

Note: If you go with unique field,you may have a problem with the error message when the user enters the same supplier Id and Supplier reference system throws a message unique constraint violated which you can not customize in MDM DM. if you have portal in place in your landscape then you can have the error message which you want..

Hope this helps

Regards

Sowseel