Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Scenario with SPS07 ???

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to realize the Master Data Scenario from Lars Rüter. Since I have installed SAP Netweaver 2004s SPS07 I downloaded the SPS07 application & Source Code from /people/lars.rueter/blog/2006/06/26/create-master-data-centrally-using-guided-procedures . The result Set perfectly shows the content from the Repository of the data manager.

I was able to request and approve the master data (BP),

But The created BP is not inserted into Data Manager. Apart from that the "Item Details" don't work, i.e. if I click on a record in the Result Set the record details are not shown and the following error occurs: "An error occurred. See log for details."

What did I do wrong and why is the created BP not inserted into the data manager ???

Please help!

ThankS!

Erdal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Erdal:

did you correctly deployed the MDM Connector on your landscape? Can you create the BP using the standard Portal iViews? Is the MDM server / repository reachable from the Portal? (I assume so, since you mentioned you could partially see the results)

What does the log say?

Greetings!

Alejandro

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

I went exactly through the steps given in the Scenario.

I deployed com.sap.mdm.tech.connector.sda and com.sap.mdm.tech.mdm4j.sda.

1.I unarchived the H2G_VendorPortal.a2a file and loaded

the created repository --> OK.

2.I started MDM Data Manager and tested connection to

repository --> OK.

3.I created a portal system and everything was fine.

--> OK.

4.I created system alias SAP_MDM_Repository_Vendors

--> OK.

5.I did user mapping and was able to connect to mdm

server --> OK.

6.I created a role called vendor and tested it.

--> OK.

7.I created a group and assigned the role.

--> OK.

For step 7 in the scenario I deployed SP7_sdn.comMDMGPSCF15_GPDEMO_C20060626050239.sca AND SP7_sdn.comteched.demo.caf.gp.content.sda.

Hope that was the right thing to do.

I have acces to the repository from the portal. I just can't cklick on a record entry and get the details of the record shown in the item details.

Besides when approving & creating the new BP the newly created BP is not inserted into the repository - although the request (md_user), specification (md_spec) and approval (md_manager) are correctly done.

Hope, you have a better idea now.

ThankS!

Regards,

Erdal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Erdal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdal,

assuming there is a problem with the connection from portal to MDM repository, I would like to bring into your attention the message . Please review it, then check how the iViews work without the GP scenario from Lars (e.g. click on an item in Result Set iView, and see how the ItemDetails iView works).

Additional hint: in NW04s, the portal user mapping does not work with empty user password. The MDM repositories are shipped by default with empty password. Therefore, must set a non-blank password in MDM repository user, then use same userID and password in NW04s portal user (user group) mapping.

I hope this helps in your work.

Regards.

Laszlo.