cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing IDOC status after succesful processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following scenario. A SAP 4.7 Application exports some data in an IDOC to XI3.0

XI transforms the IDOC to a simple XML Message and writes the message via fileadapter to a filesystem.

When an IDOC was created in the SAP 4.7 Application System, it has the status 03 ().What I need is a status of 51 or 53 after the file was written to signalize that the IDOC was successfully delivered. This information is needed for a cleanup process to delete the IDOCs.

What is the simplest solution for this problem? Is there any build in mechanism inside XI to change the IDOC status after successful processing?

Greetings

Erik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

As per the scenario what you have given below, its IDoc->XI->XML File. Here since its a asynchronous communication. All the outbound idocs once successfully sent to the port of the middleware or third party system will have the status '03'.

Status 51 or 53 will be there only for the inbound IDocs. 51 is for application data not posted and 53 is for the successful processing with the posting of application data.

One way is to do the following.

1. Amend your partner profile setting in WE20 of the R/3 system to collect the idocs and make the IDocs stop at status 30. This means that the IDocs wont be sent to the third party system port.

2. Write a ABAP report in R/3 and use the function module, IDOCS_OUTPUT_IN_XML_FORMAT. Check the usage of this FM.

3. In the ABAP report you'll be fetching all the IDocs of the particular IDoc type in status 30 from EDIDC and will be dumping into a single large XML file.

4. For this you need to maintain a file port in WE21 transaction of your R/3 system with the application layer file path obtained from your Basis team.

4. Once its written successfully, for the idocs sent to the file, change the status.

5. Now in XI you need to modify your interface to do a file to file transfer...source from the application layer path of the R/3 system and the target you know already.

Cheers

JK

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik

The status of the outbound idoc is between 1 and 50.

The status of the inbound idoc is greater than 50.

To notify that idoc was successfully delivered you can use acknowledgement.

thanks

Prasad Babu Nemalikanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad Babu Nemalikanti,

what have i to do to use IDOC acknowledgement with XI?

You told me that outbound IDOCs have status between 1 an 50. So what should be the correct status to your opinion.

thanks

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Did you find a solution to your issue? I have the similar issue and would like to know how you got the status of the original IDOC to change.

Thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Erik,

IDOC systat01 can be used to change

the IDOC status very easily

(you put the idoc number and new idoc status basically)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/75/4b3c1cd14811d289810000e8216438/content.htm

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michal

I have a similar requirement where IDOC is sent from R/3 and XI does the mapping and the output is a File. In this case, I would like to update the IDOC status after the file is successfully put in the designated folder. i couldn't understand how to achieve this using IDOC systat01. Do I need to use a BPM to achieve this. please elaborate. Appreciate your help.

krishnan