SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do we findout meter reading is estimated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement,, The meter reading status has to show in invoice printform , if it is estimated the status has to show "estimated" in the invoice print form.Could please let us know where we can find out the meter reading status(Device status) whether it is estimated or not.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

K

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'Estimated' is MR Type and not staus. Now I am assuming your current code is hitting EABL table in order to fetch MR data. Please also retrieve 'ISTABLART' and join this with 'ISTABLART' of TE436T in order to get the description. Remember to add a condition in the query as SPRAS = EN. This will give the details you are looking for.

Regards,

S

Edited by: born2bdahero on Aug 5, 2011 8:30 AM

0 Kudos

Hello S,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have checked the same field in the EABL table , the field shows the meter read type with multiple functions when we click the F4. How do we consider if the meter read type updated with 01(Meter reading by utility) 02(Meter reading by customer) and other option s as well.

How do we decide whether it is estilated or not if the meterread type updated with 01 and 02 status.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

V

0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of manual entry for Meter Read can create this scenario as MR data recieved from market does not have the capability to manupulate MR Type i.e. if the recieved data says it is of type '01' then this will be updated during nightly batch job for MR upload.

So in order to restrict the user to change the MR Type during manual upload of MR data you can make field grayed out on clicking 'Estimate' button.

Although this is not the normal practice. Generally EABL data is considered as the baseline for display in print form for MR data and it is believed the agents are well educated so that they will not change MR Type during manual entry. But you can always have a seperate validation.

My apology if I have misunderstood your requirement.

Regards,

S

Edited by: born2bdahero on Aug 5, 2011 9:38 AM

0 Kudos

if the meter reading is estimated , MR type will be 03.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi KV,

Estimated meter reading is determined based on Meter Reading Type.

This is controlled by configuration - SAP Utilities --> Device Management --> Meter Reading --> Meter Reading Result --> Entry --> Define User-Defined Meter Reading Type for Entry

Table -> TE436

If Meter reading category against a given meter reading type is 03, then meter reading is estimated.

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Avinash