cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Issue with Host name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i tried to send the file to other FTP server with host name i am getting below error.

Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled

resource: UnknownHostException: ftp.kms.telnet.vector.com.

But i am able to send the file successfully using IP address.

Can anyone pls suggest if any additional settings needs to be done in file adapter.

Or any other setting needs to be taken care.

Please advise.

Thannks,

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your LAN, FTP server is registered with the IP address not with the Hostname, that's the reason you are seeing this error. In my past, I experience the same, however I continued how that was worked.

Regards

Pothana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

How can i register FTP server with hostname. Can i do or need BASIS people help to do this.

Can you please tell how to go to LAN. I dont have idea on LAN. Pleae advise.

Thanks,

Srikanth

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

You need to contact your Basis team or your FTP maintanance team so that they would be able to help you if you are able to connect with your IP and not using Host name

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to contact Basis/Networking Team, and ask them to add Hostname/IP in Host definitions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is working with Ip address and not working with Host name means the host name is not mapped to the IP address . Please inform to your Basis team . They will help you.

Regards,

Rama Balusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your quuck response.

I need small clarification. Actually my XI system is in server "sap.tims.hp.com" and trying to send file to thirdparty

ftp server i.e "ftp.kms.telnet.vector.com". So here do i need to ask thirdparty FTP vendor to register DNS name in their host definitions or do we need to register host name in my server i.e "sap.tims.hp.com".

Please confirm and advice how can we register hostname in host definitions i mean where we have to go to register

host name in host definitions.

Thanks,

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swetha,

NO. The Hostname definition, need to be putted/registered into your Sap XI Local Network DNS or directly into Sap XI System's Host File

Probably, your XI system sap.tims.hp.com is under a LAN network, under a DNS server. You need to ask to Basis Team to add 3rdParty Hostname definition (ftp.kms.telnet.vector.com) into DNS server.

Other easier solution, is to put 3rd Party Hostname definition (ftp.kms.telnet.vector.com) in Host File of your Sap XI System (sap.tims.hp.com)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

You need to lineup/register the ip address of FTP to ftp.kms.telnet.vector.com(FTP host name).

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spantaleoni,

Thanks for your quict response.

I have added in host file as 'IP Hostname' like and tested the scenario but still facing the issue. I have added the IP and host

name in below path.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc.

Do we need to add in above path or any other host file is there in which i need to add.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the string that you have added?

Note that you need to restart system or "browser" to be affected by this modification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Spantaleoni,

I have added in below way.

125.23.46.78 ftp.kms.telnet.vector.com

I also restarted system.. but same issue.

Do i need to add above entry in XI server?

Thanks,

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me... i don't understand clearly.

Where have you inserted this string ??

You need to put the string that you written above in HostFile configuration of your XI Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spantaleoni,

I have added in hosts in below path in my system.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

I think its not correct. Can you please tell me how can go to host file in configuration in XI server.

Pls guide me.

Thanks,

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have added in hosts in below path in my system.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

this is wrong..

why dont u ask ur basis team?? its a few minutes job for them...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your XI system runs on UNIX based system, the hosts file is /etc/hosts. The file can be edited by server administrators.

Adding the host entry to /etc/hosts is not a good practice. If you make changes to the host entry you will have to restart the XI application and on the long run, if you add a new instance on a new server, you will have to remember to put the host entry in that system's host file.

Please get the network team to help you out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basis people are not aware of adding in host file, for that reason i am asking input here.

My XI ssytem runs on OS level i.e on AS400.

Basis team tried to reach host file by mapping into server, but they are unable to find host file. Do i need to ask OS level expert to add entry in host file.

For my knowledge, can you pleae give me the path of host file at OS level if you have any idea.

Please advise

Thanks,

Swetha

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

First thing I understood from your previous replies is that you added the host name details in your personal computer and not in XI server system. If so the details need to be added in XI server system.

Second thing is your receiver FTP is third party as you said and there may be some firewall settings blocking your side or also in the FTP side as well. So you have to contact the network and basis team support to resolve this like opening ports etc.

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thanks for your reply.

I will get in touch with basis team to add host name in host file in XI server.

Thanks,

Swetha

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the update from Prateek here

Regards

Pothana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, this is the right approach!

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Under ETC FOLDER there will be a host file double click on that and enter your host name and against it IP address and it should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

The hostname definition, must to be added in Server host definitions or in DNS server host definitions, not in local machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for you valuable inputs, it solved my problem. Ponts rewarded.

Swetha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to map this Hostname into Local Network DNS configuration, or simply map the combination of Hostname-IP into Host configuration of your system.

Example:

10.xx.xx.xx <SampleHostname>