cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD ABAP and Portal theme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am launching a WD ABAP application from a Portal iView and would like the application to take on the Portal theme. The launching of the application is being implemented like this:

DATA: low_window TYPE REF TO if_wd_window_manager,

lv_url TYPE string.

CALL METHOD cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

EXPORTING

application_name = 'zmy_wd_abap'

IMPORTING

out_absolute_url = lv_url.

lo_result = low_window->create_external_window(

url = lv_url

title = 'My WDABAP'

modal = abap_true

has_menubar = abap_false

has_location = abap_false ).

Should I set the application parameters WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET and WDTHEMEROOT. Obviously the preference would be to reference the custom CSS in the portal. I do not want to store the stylesheets in the MIME repository if it can be helped.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally got it to work. I gleaned this from some SDN threads that addressed render WDA in light speed mode. To summarise:

Objective: Render a WDA triggered off a portal iView using CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW in a customised theme on the SAP Enterprise Portal.

1. If the portal theme (ZIP file) is not available, 'Export' the portal theme files from the directory on the Portal server like /usr/sap/<SID>/JC01/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata/themes/portal/customer/<theme name>

2. Create a new directory in the MIME repository ( transaction SE80 ), say SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/CustomerThemes/<theme name>

3. Using transaction BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS, Import the portal theme file done in step 1 into the directory created in step 2.

4. Set the following parameters on the WDA

WDTHEMEROOT = /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/CustomerThemes/<theme name>

WDLIGHTSPEED = (blank)

Cheers,

John

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

If I'm not wrong, the CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW will launch the webdynpro application without portal context. In the sense the launched application will be in an external browser window and it wont run inside portal. Is this the expected behavior?

Ideally if the parent application is in portal iView and to launch the another application, we would go for portal navigation (IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION) and not the CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW.

Let me know your requirement about the external window whether it should run in portal context or as a standalone webdynpro application?.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravan,

The WDA is launched off a Portal iView in MSS and needs to pick up the Portal theme. I agree, launching off the CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW will not default the theme. I suppose I can using NAVIGATE.. methods of the IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION interface to lauch the WD as an iView but I don't believe I can dynamically pass parameters to it, which is another requirement.

It appears that I need to store the stylesheets in the MIME repository and use the css-url parameter in the WDA URL string.

Thanks

John

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

If you do the portal navigation, then the portal theme will be applied by default. If you want a different one, then you have to go for the CSS URL. Here you maintain the CSS URL either in iView properties or you can maintain it in the webdynpro application.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravan,

I created an iView on the Portal to execute the WDA application, and the application is rendered with the default SAP stylesheet, and not the customised portal stylesheet. The parameter WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET has no effect on it at all.

I note the following version on the portal

portal=7.0.23.0.1;ur=7.0.23.2.1;7.0.7.0.0

Not sure how to get to the ur version in the backend ECC system, which is on 7.01 SP8.

Thanks for your continued help.

Cheers,

John

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If theme of portal and WDA is incompatible there are chances of several problems in rendering. AND LATEST VERSION ONLY WILL RENDER.

To check the WDA theme version run the report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES .

To find out the version of the SAP portal style sheets

1) Go to:

"System Administration" > "Support" > "Themes" > "Browse Theme Database"

2) Select your own theme and choose "Display Details".

Regards

Srinivas

Edited by: sanasrinivas on Aug 8, 2011 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks. I have confirmed the UR versions are different

ECC: 7.11.7.19.0

Portal: 7.0.23.2.1

According to OSS note 1033496, parameter WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET should be working for the version of ECC that the WDA is running so I can't work out why this is happening.

In any case, it appears that I would have to export the customer theme from the portal server and then import it into SAP via report BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS into the MIME repository (say) /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/CustomerThemes. This would enable the WDA application to reference the theme via parameter WDTHEMEROOT?!

Cheers,

John

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I think you should also set the external stylesheet parameter.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update. I got the Portal Administrator to zip the theme folder (from the directory on the portal server), unzipped the files into a local directory and uploaded the directory to the MIME repository.

I proceeded to set the WDTHEMEPORTAL to the uploaded directory. Unfortunately, the WDA application is still being rendered with no layouts. On viewing the source, I note that the reference to the CSS is as follows

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/sap/public/bc/ur/customerthemes/myTheme/ls/ls_ie6.nosprite.css?201010290817">

I was expecting the reference to be:

"/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.urdesigndata/themes/portal/customerthemes/myTheme/ur/ur_ie6.css?7.0.23.2.0"

I also tried the following with the same result"

http://..MYWDA?sap-cssurl='https://MyPortalServer/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.urdesigndata/themes/portal/customer/myTheme/ur/ur_ie6.css?7.0.23.2.0'

Cheers,

John