cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who knows the answer that smartforms printing must be created table in SE11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I create form printings by smartforms, which includes creating tables in SE11, in my project. But our Franch customers don't like me to create table in se11. So they asked me why it must be created?

So I need the best answer to them.

Does everybody have good reasons?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well you need to create a dictionary structure in SE11, creating a real table would be redundant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

When we create smartform and would like to pass some tables from our driver program to the smartform, we nee dto use an internal table.

This internal table is declared in 2 places.

1)Driver program.

2)Smartform interface.

In the smartform interface you need to provide the reference for this internal table. For this we define a table type in se11 and NOT a table.

If you can fetch data directly i n your smartform, you can avoid this step. You can fetch your data in the initialization tab of the smartform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

Basically you call a smartform by calling a function module.

In case of a function module can you define a "Associated type" without refering to a dictionary object ?

The associated type must be a global Dictionary type or exist in a type pool (Check F1 on Associated Type for a function module). If the declaration is in the Type pool, then the type pool must be present in the function group. But you cannot change the function group of the Smartform function module.

So only option is to create a global Dictionary type in case of custom structures or use existing global Dictionary type.

The smartform interface is basically the interface of the function module.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards

Rajvansh

Edited by: Rajvansh Ravi on Aug 5, 2011 6:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajvansh,

Thank you for your reply. It's very nice.

I will copy it as the answer to my customer.

Stephanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are in need to use the driver program internal table in your form you need to have a global structure .

There is an option callled TYPES declaration in your form GLOBAL DEFINIION.

But it can be used for the declarations which are local to the form,since it is defined after the form interface.

Jshree