Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Proforma invoice from Shipment

former_member524427
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is related to the 'Billing date' in proforma invoices in my support project.

Scenario 1: In our system, When i do the 'Shipment end' (GI done in this step) the Proforma invoices are created automatically.

2 different Proforma invoices (F8) are getting created for 2 similar Deliveries, Say Delivery D1 & D2.

When i checked, the 'Billing date' populated in the above 2 Proforma invoices is different.

Comparing the 'dates' in the 2 deliveries:

The 'Billing date' in the 2 Deliveries is the same. The 'Actual GI Date' is also the same in both the deliveries.

However, the 'Loading date', 'Trans.Plng Date' & 'Picking date' are different in these deliveries.

Scenario 2: Manual creation of Proforma invoices (F8) for the same 2 deliveries as above.

In VF01, ONE COMBINED Proforma invoice gets created for the sam 2 Deliveries above, Delivery D1 & D2.

'Billing Date' in the combined proforma is same as the 'Billing date' in the 2 deliveries.

The business requirement is:

Scenario 1 (Automatic Proforma invoice), but COMBINED Proforma invoices to be created for Deliveries D1 & D2.

I am not sure, why the automatic proforma invoice from 'Shipment end' picks up different 'Billing dates' & creates 2 PF invoices but, VF01 creates a combined invoice with the same 'Billing date'.

thanks for your help.

With regards

Narain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because when you creating manually then you are putting 2 deliveries and executing so sytem combines both in 1 proforma invoice.

Where as automatic creation of proforma invoice is based on single delivery, and this automatic creation is depends on the ACTIVITY PROFILE which is assigned to shipment type in logistic execution

IMG >> Logistic execution >> Transportation >> Shipments >> Define & assign activity profile

Check which profile is assigned to your shipment type, select that shipment and click on maintain and see there is tick mark for CARRY OUT BILLING

Kapil

former_member524427
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

thanks for your reply.

But, there is no 'Tick' against the 'Carry out billing' check box maintained in the Activity profile.

but, why is the 'Billing date' different in the proforma invoice created automatically & the ones created thro VF01.

Please help.

thanks & regards

Narain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Is there any background program set for auto creation of proforma, It may be set in VF06 and in VF06 there may be variant and in that variant the date may be dynamic date.

Kapil