Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Kerberos SNC on Lion

erik_hendrix
Explorer
0 Kudos

All,

We had setup a SAP system to use the Kerberos SNC allowing SSO when connected to a domain. This was not working for me using SAP Java gui 7.20 rev 5 on Lion; failing with the error:

Unable to load GSS-API dyld Shared Library

named "sncgss.dyld"

I have been able to solve this by setting the environment variable SNC_LIB to OSX provided library /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.dylib

Following small script will set this environment variable accordingly so that it is available when starting SAPGUI from Finder, Spotlight, Launchpad, ...

Script:

#!/bin/bash

echo Setting the SNC environment for current user.
mkdir ~/.MacOSX >/dev/null 2>&1
defaults write ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist SNC_LIB "/usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.dylib"

Just create a small text file, copy&paste this information into it. Then open Terminal and do:

chmod a+x <filename you just created>

./<filename you just created>

Thus, if I saved this to my home folder (/Users/myuserid) then as file SET_SNC then when opening Terminal I would enter:

chmod a+x ./SET_SNC

./SET_SNC

No guarantees that this will work and use on your own risk. It worked for me without interfering with anything else but that is not to say it might work for you or might interfere with something else.

Edited by: Erik Hendrix on Aug 5, 2011 12:35 AM

Edited by: Erik Hendrix on Aug 5, 2011 12:38 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Faaiez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

I suppose this will be really useful once I get past the stage of actually adding ISP to the list of SAP systems.

I have SAPGUI for Java 7.20 rev 6.1 installed on my MAC. I would like to add ISP and CSS to the list of SAP systems.

In the help for the GUI it specifies to get connection directory or config file in order for the system drop downs to be populated.

Any idea where I can get this from for the SAP systems?

Thanks