cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Installation Error : Could not connect to host localhost on port 21

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install SAP MDM 7.1 for Windows I386 and getting below error.

Error while connecting to communication partner - see preceeding messages.

Could not connect to host localhost on port 21212.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I have downloaded and defined environmental variable JCE_POLICY_ZIP, The I386 version of download doesn't have different version SAPINST.EXE, it only has SAPINSTGUI.EXE.

Please help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check these below posts which were discussed on the same issue of yours

/thread/264176 [original link is broken]

regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sowseel,

I have already reviewed the other threads and none of them seems to be my solution. firewall is unblocked, netstat shows port is open, I am installing it on localhost single machine and not using any remote function, not using virtual machine either, this is XP pro and has the minimum hardware requirement met for the installation. I was stuck with Java environmental variable at first which I resolved it with JAVA_HOME.

Kindly help with step by step solution. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

With reference to SAP Note 1238121, could somebody please explain me what am I doing wrong here..the trouble shooting steps in aforementioned Note is for server and local host installation, I am using single machine as local host

=> I downloaded MDM 7.1 from SDN site, it only got 5 files with one executable file,

=> upon extraction sapinstgui is in \server_installation\Installation_Master\MDM_SAPINSTGUI_WINDOWS_I386

=> I setup JAVA_HOME with environmental variable defined.

Please advice, I am stuck with this for past two days and perhaps this is just a quick easy fix for gurus and experts..