Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conceptual advice required for file receiver scenario

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is to read 3 sets of data from SAP ERP and write files on the receiver system, one per data set.

I could create 3 service interfaces and set up Integration Builder configuration for each one but this seems messy.

Alternatively, if I create one service interface with 3 operations to group them, it is not possible to create the required files unless I add mapping and use dynamic configuration to determine the filename from the payload and set this in the receiver communication channel.

It seems to me that I would have benefited from the ability to define a rule in the receiver determination to define a different communication channel per operation where the specific filename could be specified.

It is only possible to bind a service interface to one communication channel in the receiver agreement.

What would you recommend as the cleanest and best approach to meet this requirement - 1 or 3 service interfaces, use of mapping or are there any alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Edited by: Alan Cecchini on Aug 4, 2011 7:02 PM

Edited by: Alan Cecchini on Aug 4, 2011 7:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what you might want to do is;

1 Outbound SI with 3 operations for ECC

2. 3 different SI for the target files

i think this is the cleanest way to deal with it

PS: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/09/08/service-interface-and-multiple-operations--is-it-just-an-hype

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically your requirement is many to many mapping. Please decide based on the sender system requirement. If your sender system sends different message structure then you can break into three diff interfaces and keep the interface simple.

You can route to three diff recievers based on the condition setting in the receiver determination or you can do in the mapping too. That is not the whole point. you need to think about how do pick the three different interfaces. You might also consider using ccbpm for this.

Refer the pattern that comes in the PI standard installation under SAP BASIS SWCV.

BPMPatternSerializeMultipleTrigger or BPMPatternSerializeOneTrigger

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

As I want to route to the same receiver for each of my service interface operations to create a file in the same folder on the receiving system, each with a different name, is my proposal to use mapping to set the filename the correct approach or can this be handled without mapping?

I guess without mapping I'd need 3 communication channel but I don't see how these could be linked to the 3 operations using the Integration Builder available settings.

Thanks,

Alan

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Shabarish suggestion , I want you to see this good link.... This has screenshot and required things to implement service interfaces with more operations.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...