SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC and Sites

Former Member
0 Kudos

From a system perspective, in the SAP tables, how can you differentiate a DC from the other sites or stores?

Is it through the site profiles?

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

It's the site profile and site category (A- Store ; B- DC) which will govern the role of a site whether its a store or a DC. Site profiles are customized where one can copy the standard one and change it as per its requirement whereas site category is SAP standard feature which can't be changed or copied.

A store in SAP retail is a customer as well whereas a DC is a customer as well as vendor.

I hope, it fairly answers your query.

Regards,

Kunwar

0 Kudos

Thanks for that explanation Kunwar. That is really useful information. Where can I see the site category? I was able to find the site profile.

Also did you mean to say that store is only a customer but DC is customer and vendor?

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Site category is available under the customizing for site profile.

Logistics - General - > Plant Master -> Control Data -> Site Profiles

Yes, Store is a customer (attached to it) whereas a DC is a customer as well as a vendor in SAP retail, apart from being a plant, in general.

Regards,

Kunwar

0 Kudos

Couldnt store be a vendor to? ?If it is transfering materials to other sites? ie site to site transfers

0 Kudos

Nops, a store can transfer material to other sites without the need of being a vendor.

Are you guys live with production? Are you quite new to SAP retail?

All the Best

Cheers

Kunwar

0 Kudos

I am relatively new to IS Retail. Been with SAP MM for quite sometime now.

I am still little unclear about how site can transfer without being a vendor but DC have to be set up as vendor to do transfers.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi there,

It's good to know, no worries. Well, your new question involves basic MM only as its similar to what you have in normal R/3 as plant to plant transfer when it comes to moving goods between two sites(store in your case) whether belong to same company code (STO) or cross company code (PO).

It's good to know, no worries. Well, your new question involves basic MM only as its similar to what you have in normal R/3 as plant to plant transfer when it comes to moving goods between two sites(store in your case) whether belong to same company code (STO) or cross company code (PO).

I hope your query is more than answered

All the best.

Kunwar

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jajati

Thats good info to know and will keep that in mind.