Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS FPM webdynpro Screen customization

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to show/hide some of the UI elements from ESS Personal data screen which is based on EHP5 version.

I got that we can do show/hide using FPM config editor or from Portal content admin access (Possible in ehp5?).?

If I try to hide some UI elements from the screen and change the configuration with some ID. How the Portal where ESS application runs will know this.

Are my chages reflected in the portal just by changing the confuration and saving in the same package where SAP has original config. I am not clear. Please clarify

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.. just change your FPM configuration - it's attached to your web dynpro application.

it will reflect your changes when displayed in the portal

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

How we do make some of ESS personal profile UI elements as mandatory from existing optional.?

For ex: I want to make Middle name as mandatory from Optional? any way in FPM editor? or If we need to change in the code, how do we go to particular UI element tpo make it mandatory?

Thanks

Praveen

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Resolved with ESS FPM component configuration customization. closing thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am also working with ESS MSS customization for java.  I need to minimize the clicks on leave approval screen, through fpm I was able to skip the review screen but I want to also skip submit button click rather have it from approve and reject button to display the final message as an ack.  Do you have any idea how this can be done.

Thank you

Regards,

Jaspreet Kaur

Answers (0)