cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing MASS Functions in RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to know how to change systems in functions? We have around 165 functions created in RAR and all actions in functions assigned to Physical Systems, now we decided to change all those function (Actions) from physical system to logical systems. When I go to change function it is not allowing me to change the system and itu2019s grayed out. I know that we have to click on add button and select the system and action, description and status. But we have many actions in each function and it is very time taking process. Is that any other way I can change all functions? I would also like to know what are the other things that I have take care of when changing functions from physical systems to logical systems? Do I need to change any thing in Permissions Tab also?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can do following :

1.Go to rule architect - utilities - and export rule will all check box selected .

Also on top you can see source system (as your physical system ) .In destination name system give Logical system name .

Now export .

Open file in excel and verify that in system tab its showing logical system

Now again go back to rule architect - utilities and import the rules . Select from two below option as per your requirement .

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also import via the Configuration --> Rule Upload to break down the data volumes into more manageable and logical chunks. This does require you to maintain the files slightly differently but is easier to manage and troubleshoot errors through understanding which data set caused it.

It also means taht you only have to specify the system at the function authorisation stage.

Simon