Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA report is not getting generated for only one system in a solution

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have defined one solution in our solution manager and configured EWA reports successfully. As a result, I am able to get the EWA reports weekly. However, out the systems defined in the solution, the EWA report is not being sent for only one system!

However, it seems the data i available and I can very much send it manually. But it is not being sent automatically for only one system which is a JAVA system.

Can any one help me diagnose this problem?

Waiting for your kind replies.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

When you say you can send the data manually, do you mean from SDCCN on Solman to the Java system?

Are you seeing a red flag, beaker or hour glass in DSWP for the system?

Is this data showing up in the RCA Workload analysis for the same period (7 days) as the EWA report? Please check if the data is available for both hourly and daily.

If the data is available in the Workload Analysis, please check that SDCCN processed an EWA report for this system.

The SDCCN will be on Solman and configured as a Non-ABAP EWA session.

Regards,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont see any problem in DSWP for that system. As I explained above, I can see the EWA report within solution manager system in DSWP. This means that the session is getting completed successfully. However, this EWA is not getting sent automatically to the intended recipient via email as it is happening with other systems in the same solution.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the further explanation. If this is only for one system. Kindly check the link below. There might be an issue where the current configuration is set to only send certain systems from a solution instead of all the systems.

This is an option that is noted in the Wiki link below.

if you continue to have the issue, let us know.

Regards,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ConfiguringandTroubleshootingEarlyWatchAlertsE-MailforSolutionManager+7.0

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I appreciate your help and providing the above linke for troubleshooting the issue.

Unfortunately I am still unable to troubleshoot i yett. What I am thinking is, I will create a new solution for JAVA System (which is creating problem) which will contain only this system (This existing solution was created earlier by another person). Therefore, May I kindly request you to please tell me the steps to do the same right from scratch?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In order to troubleshoot my problem, I followed the below steps for creating the EWA reports:

1. Create a new system (JAVA) in the solution manager

2. Created a new logical system and included the above newly created system in it

3. Created a solution in DSWP and activated

4. Assigned the above newly created logical component to the solution created (In SMSY)

Results Got:

1. A Session is created for that solution in DSWP

2. Executed the session manually to ge the EWA report. But it did not give any report

Obsertaion:

1. In SMSY (Solution Landscape- Operations under Solution Groups and Logical Components) when I selected the logical component for my solution and clicked on "Where used list", it gave me the below message:

Logical Component XXX is not used in the solution

Please help me identifying the problem.

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mena by you can send it manually?

If this is a Java only system, the data is written directly to the BI on Solution Manager.

If the data is then available in Workload Analysis, this means the data is on the Solution Manager system.

It then needs to be transfered to the service session via the BI_RFC.

There is some aggregation that is done.

However there will be an SDCCN task that will be scheduled for each NON-ABAP system.

This tasks will actually load the service session. If this task fails for any system, no EWA will be generated for that system.

So this task should be checked.

Then SM:EXEC SERVICES needs to process the service session into an EWA report. There may be an issue with this service session, and if there is you may see that in the log that the session was not performed, while otheres were. This could mean there is an issue with the session, and may have outdated service content.

But when you say send, there is also the automatic email transmission, which si sending the EWA report to recipients automatically. This is also done when SM:EXEC SERVICES runs, so when there is a session that fails to be performed, it won''t be emailed either.

These are some of the possibilities you can consider.

Regards,

Paul

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Since this is for the first time I am working on this, I may feel a bit difficulty to answer your questions. However I will try to answer you queries:

I mean by saying "I can send it manually" that, if I go to DSWP, select the appropriate solution, and then click on "SAP Earlywatch Alert" session for the system I have problem (JAVA), then select the standard mode of the report. Once the report is displayed, we have an option on the upper left corner of the screen "E-Mail". Once I click there, it will allow me to mention email ids to which this report needs to be sent.

So weekly, when this EWA report is not sent for this system (while sent for all other systems in the solution), I follow the above mentioned method to send it manually.

I also checked SDCCN, there is taks scheduled for that system. I also checked in SM37 for job "SM:EXEC SERVICES". it is successfully completing.

please suggest me to diagnose this problem.

Regards,

Faisal

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

So the report can be emailed.

There are two ways to automate it, though you can only use one or the other, and not both.

The first is in the solution, in DSWP, EDIT > Automatic Email Transmission, you may have not added the recipeint you want.

The otherway is vto activate the BADI filter and place the entries int he table DSWP_SYS_EMAIL.

If very well be that you set it up one way, but for this system maintained the recipients in the wrong place, for the other method.

I see this a lot where one individual did the original setup, and the next individual maintaiining uses the otehr method, so its like it was not added, or it all stops working.

JAred has provided the link to the T/S page. Here you can determine which method you are using, and ensure that is the method the new system was maintain. If it was the otehr method, you can tell,and correct.

Regards,

Paul