Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Questions about picking a file from file system

Hi experts,

excuse me if it is a basic question, but I'm confused about accessing file system with XI.

My need is to pick up a PDF file from file system ,the file to be picked is in file system ECC.

I have created a sender channel with transport protocol File System (NFS).

With transaction AL11 I'm able to see file system (SAP directories).

In column: "Name of Directory Parameter" I see the name of the directory which contains the file to be picked: DIR_GE

In column: "Directory" I see:
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE where dm10sa21 is the name of the ECC server.

My questions are:

1) XI has access to file system XI or to file system ECC? (The XI server is dm10sa09, so a different server)

2) In file system some directories are defined with a disk name and a path (Example D:\usr\sap\...), some others with a server name (example:
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE). My case is the second. Is possible to access in the second case?

3) If it's possible, what is the correct parameter to write in sender channel (like source directory...)

Thanks,

Fabio

replied

1)XI has access to file system XI or to file system ECC? (The XI server is dm10sa09, so a different server)

>> XI will have access of XI file system....but in ur case some of ur ECC file system directories are shared with XI...for ex "
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE" (of ecc server) file system is mounted on XI server and as a result u r able to see this in XI AL11...

2) In file system some directories are defined with a disk name and a path (Example D:\usr\sap\...), some others with a server name (example:
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE). My case is the second. Is possible to access in the second case?

>>yes..ur basis team has already mounted that ECC directory on XI...

3) If it's possible, what is the correct parameter to write in sender channel (like source directory...)

>>just write "
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE" as source directory

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question