cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about picking a file from file system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

excuse me if it is a basic question, but I'm confused about accessing file system with XI.

My need is to pick up a PDF file from file system ,the file to be picked is in file system ECC.

I have created a sender channel with transport protocol File System (NFS).

With transaction AL11 I'm able to see file system (SAP directories).

In column: "Name of Directory Parameter" I see the name of the directory which contains the file to be picked: DIR_GE

In column: "Directory" I see:
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE where dm10sa21 is the name of the ECC server.

My questions are:

1) XI has access to file system XI or to file system ECC? (The XI server is dm10sa09, so a different server)

2) In file system some directories are defined with a disk name and a path (Example D:\usr\sap\...), some others with a server name (example:
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE). My case is the second. Is possible to access in the second case?

3) If it's possible, what is the correct parameter to write in sender channel (like source directory...)

Thanks,

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)XI has access to file system XI or to file system ECC? (The XI server is dm10sa09, so a different server)

>> XI will have access of XI file system....but in ur case some of ur ECC file system directories are shared with XI...for ex "
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE" (of ecc server) file system is mounted on XI server and as a result u r able to see this in XI AL11...

2) In file system some directories are defined with a disk name and a path (Example D:\usr\sap\...), some others with a server name (example:
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE). My case is the second. Is possible to access in the second case?

>>yes..ur basis team has already mounted that ECC directory on XI...

3) If it's possible, what is the correct parameter to write in sender channel (like source directory...)

>>just write "
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE" as source directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AmitSri,

I see "
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE" in ECC AL11, not in XI AL11.

In fact when I write "
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE" as source directory in comm CC I got the error "Configured source directory '
dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE' does not exist" in runtime workbench.

So I have to ask basis to mount that ECC directory on XI?

Or in alternative I could tell to ABAP programmer to put PDF file in XI AL11?

thanks

fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to access with NFS, you need to mount ECC's directory under XI's File System, or share the ECC's directory with GPFS.

Or simply, you can access in FTP (rather then NFS) directly to ECC's directory, or write the file directly to a XI's directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you all,

I ask now to basis and try.

Another question:

is possible to use alias name in source directory (DIR_GE) instead of the path?

former_member182503
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabio,

Your first option is to ask Basis Team to mount the ECC file system at XI/PI system. This will let you use NFS at your Sender File C.Channel and will make it easier to you to access ECC file system. No extra configuration steps are required at ECC system.

Then, you ask your Basis Team which is the path to access ECC system from XI/PI system.

In the other hand, you can use FTP as your Transport Protocol, but this approach will require a FTP server at ECC side, which could not be available (e.g. security reasons).

Another option is to ask the Basis Team to mount the XI/PI file system at the ECC side, so the ABAP team could save the file using the XI/PI file system but this is pretty much the same solution as the first one.

Best regards,

JN

former_member182503
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabio,

you can ask your basis team to create a alias/shortcut to the directory that you want to access, but you still have to use the path (now, the path to the alias/shortcut).

[]'s

JN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Jose.

Is possible to do an [alias|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alias_(command)] , but i don't believe that it can be reachable from XI NFS channel (usually, also in System Profile configuration, Sap want the full path and not the alias).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ciao Fabio,

In few words, I completely agree with Amitri.

1) XI has access to file system XI or to file system ECC? (The XI server is dm10sa09, so a different server)

For access by NFS to ECC directory in a different server, the ECC's directory need to be mounted in XI file system or shared with something like GPFS (global parallel file system)

If this directory is mounted or shared (or simply visible on your AL11/Directory tree), you can access by NFS

dm10sa21\sapmnt\GE

ps. If you have a gmail account, please add me

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need mount the ECC file system then you can easily use NFS to pick up the file.

And path you need mention like in comm channel

/dm10sa21/sapmnt/GE/