cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send a field from srm side to backend which is a standard field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is one filed in srm category id "CATEGORY_ID" which has to send to backend system into Purchase Order (ME23N).

In PO(ME23N) --> Material Data --> EAN/UPC in this field the value of category_id should be populated.

SRM Side.

1) BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI (Extended Calssic) "IT_ITEM-CATEGORY_ID"

2) BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW (Classic) which is in the structure "IS_SC_DOCUMENT-CATEGORY_ID"

Backend Side:

1) EKPO-EAN11 field

The creation of PO is done by RFC FM: BAPI_PO_CREATE1

which is having structure for items BAPIMEPOITEM which is not having EAN11 field.

Can any body help me..

Thanks and regards,

Tirumala.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Help,

I have created a custom field and populated the UNSPSC Code into that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally, SRM item "category_id" field is mapped to the material group field in the backend ECC system. (me23n >> item >> material data >> Material Group) This subscreen is also where EAN/UPC field is located. OK, if you must also populate the EAN/UPC field with the same material group value, you can use ECC User Exit "EXIT_SAPMM06E_012" to copy the material group value to EAN/UPC field (transaction CMOD).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay Yang ,

Normally, SRM item "category_id" field is mapped to the material group field in the backend ECC system. (me23n >> item >> material data >> Material Group)

I agree with you but Material Group is different and UNSCPC (CATEGORY_ID) is different.

and Exit i have to use is " EXIT_SAPMM06E_016" for Item level Changes.

any standard field i can pass CATEGORY_ID in SRM side in BAPI_PO_CREATE01

can you please help me.

Thanks and regards,

Tirumala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly, you have already made use of ECC item's Material Group field (by mapping to some SRM field other than CATEGORY_ID). If this is the case, I would suggest that you create a custom field for the EAN field in SRM (item), e.g. a Z_EAN field. Populate this field with the item CATEGORY_ID value (copy). Then use your ECC exit to copy the Z_EAN value to EAN11 field. (custom fields, e.g. Z_ fields should be part of the interface to transfer PO from SRM to ECC.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay Yang,

I have already transfered the field from SRM to backend and it is displaying in the PO also . But in the wrong place . It is not displaying in the International Article Number (EAN/UPC) field where it should .

The main problem is the standard table PO_ITEM does not contain any field to capture this value which passed from SRM to backend . And PO fields are populating from this table i.e PO_item.

So Can You suggest me how do I get this value in the particular field.

Thanks and regards,

Tirumala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thirumala,

What you could do in this case is again its a very vague way of doing it.

Since you are passing it from SRM through the PO transfer badi, the field which holds this value can be used to transfer to the EAN11 field in the MM06E005 User exit in ECC . You need to check in either exit 12 or 16.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

cruiser