cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to this and am looking for some help. We are in the process of moving our business from using Heuristics to using CTM and are currently starting some business testing.

I am experiencing some strange behaviour from a CTM profile we have set up, which is meant to be deleting the supplies created by another profile, which is performing CTM backwards scheduling.

I am only using 1 product/location and my only demand is for forecast. Following the execution of the CTM profile for backwards scheduling, Plans are generated in line with the capacity (as expected). However when I run teh Profile we have set up to delete the results, to enable the test to be re-run, nothing appears to happen. It is only when I run the deletion profile again that the plans are deleted.

Put simply, it is taking 2 runs of the deletion profile to get rid of the plans. This is consistant, it isn't a timing issue or a refresh issue, everytime the test is run, it takes 2 runs to delete the plans created. No Plans or fixed or firm.

The Deletion profile is set up with Planning mode - Replan all orders, and Delete mode - Order Trees or seleted demands.

Has anyone else experience this or can suggest something I might nee to change

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I think when you are running the profile which creates planned orders. It is creating fixed pegging between forecasts and receipts. Hence, it is excluding firmed orders.

What I would request you is to give planning mode : Replan All orders and delete mode : Delete orders that are not firm.

and in the special strategies select Delete all existing receipts in Receipts and in Demands you can select Plan changed demands ,if you are going for net change planning.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Abhay Kapase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Thank you so much for the response, I will go and try this now and give you some feedback.

However, what I still don't understand is that it does carry the deletion, it just takes 2 attempts every time. Also we have other profiles which are operating with the same setting which are deleting first time every time?

If you proposal works, i'd still very much welcome any thoughts on this, as I don't like solutions without a full understanding of the cause, and it strikes me as odd and as yet unexplained as to why it would do it the second time?

Many Thanks

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Abhay,

I have now done a quick test on your proposal, which as you rightly suggest deletes all of teh plans on the first attempt.

What I did though was implement your proposals in stages.

We originally had the NET CHANGE BOX: Unticked, with settings of RECIPETS: Delete all existing receipts and DEMANDS: Plan changed demands.

I left these as they were whilst changing the delete mode to Delete orders that are not firm. This setting change in itself had the desired effect.

I subsequently reset the delete mode and then changed the RECIPETS: Delete all existing receipts at the same time as ticking the NET CHANGE BOX, this result in the outcome being as it had been previoulsy, deleting once every two runs.

As I say, your proposal works fine, but I would still like to understand why with our settings it works every other time

Thansk again

Paul

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

It is very difficult to explain such irrational behavior of the system.

However, I can explain you each and every setting we have done.

Planning mode:

Replan all orders:

CTM engine reschedules all receipts and demands.

Orders without pegging:

It selects unfulfilled demands for planning. Also, It will not take into account receipts which have pegging.

Orders without fixed pegging:

System only considers demands and receipts which do not have fixed pegging.

Delete mode:

Delete orders that are not firm:

CTM deletes all un-firm orders, and determine demands again.

Do not delete any order:

It will not delete any demands and receipts and all current order will be taken into consideration while planning.

Order trees of selected demands:

It deletes all the orders that are associated with selected demands. If any of the associated orders are firm then it does not delete any of the associated orders.

Hope this explanation helps you in selecting the right settings.

Regards,

Abhay Kapase