cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding RF transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I am using Tcode-LM61 for picking and packing process for assigning handling unit to delivery docs.

I have 2 queries:

1) I knew that to pack /scan any material in warehouse, we need to use SU instead of HU.Kindly confirm on this.

2) Secondly If I use SU , does that mean that HU is not required to be maintained during delivery creation?

3) Thirdly kindly confirm the process-Order-Outbound delivery-Create transfer order ( with SU)- Pick and pack in outbound delivery ( using HU)- PGI.

4) Is it mandatory to have SU in warehouse if I am using handling unit management.

5) Last the settings we need to do to activate SU in warehouse?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I knew that to pack /scan any material in warehouse, we need to use SU instead of HU.Kindly confirm on this.

U can use both

2) Secondly If I use SU , does that mean that HU is not required to be maintained during delivery creation?

It is optional,if u want u can use HU otherwise u can byepass it

3) Thirdly kindly confirm the process-Order-Outbound delivery-Create transfer order ( with SU)- Pick and pack in outbound delivery ( using HU)- PGI.

Yes flow is correct,see that the TO is confirmed

4) Is it mandatory to have SU in warehouse if I am using handling unit management.

No

5) Last the settings we need to do to activate SU in warehouse?

You can activate at warehouse level in -Define control parameters for warehouse

You can activate at-Stor.type both in master data

When u transfer from SU managed to non SU managed the SU will disappear & vice versa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Currently I am using Tcode-LM61 for picking and packing process for assigning handling unit to delivery docs.

>

> I have 2 queries:

>

> 1) I knew that to pack /scan any material in warehouse, we need to use SU instead of HU.Kindly confirm on this.

>

It is purely a business decision, if you need to track the label through out the process like delivery, shipping and invoicing, then you can use HU.

SU is only used in WM, you can not use SU label in shipping or other processes.

> 2) Secondly If I use SU , does that mean that HU is not required to be maintained during delivery creation?

>

You can also use Both system will create on SU for every HU

> 3) Thirdly kindly confirm the process-Order-Outbound delivery-Create transfer order ( with SU)- Pick and pack in outbound delivery ( using HU)- PGI.

>

> 4) Is it mandatory to have SU in warehouse if I am using handling unit management.

>

Not Required

> 5) Last the settings we need to do to activate SU in warehouse?

SU management will be activated in the Warehouse level and you can activate for each Storage type if required

thanks,

JK