cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web dynpro sld / jco setup

0 Kudos

hi,

i have an erp system installed. on my local computer i installed the netweaver developer studio. i build the flights example from sap. after building and running the application an error occures:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:467)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.init(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:233)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.<init>(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:218)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.<init>(JCOClientConnection.java:129)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:150)

so, i want to configure the jco. but on the page where i can do it, it says that my sld could not be open. in the visual administrator i set the http settings. and i tried to open the sld in browser, but it says that i have no authority for this.

but i logged in with the j2ee admin, which i gave the sap_sld_administrator rights too.

do you know what went wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

i found my mistake. i choose the wrong client

thank you for your help

0 Kudos

no, my system don't accept tickets. i have to configure both with an user. but it still doesn't work and i don't know why

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are two kind of connections, modeldata and metadata (in your case WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' and 'WD_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST').

For metadata you need to specify user/password when you configure your JCO destination(s) and for modeldata you need to define ticket (sso). Or vica versa, I am not sure at the moment, but if you do the wrong way then you will face this error (not only if the password is really wrong). Can you please press the "Preview" (or Edit) links for these connections, check the security tab of them and then do the other way round as it is configured at the moment? If you do so, do you still face the error?

Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

i think that there is something wrong with my jco user. i created a sap system user named jco_user with rights sap_all and sap_new. but if i test the jco connection (same place where i created it) i still get the same error with wron user/password.

is there something that i doesnt get?

0 Kudos

well, i went through the documentation and all went fine.

but there is now another error when i run the application:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name oder Kennwort ist nicht korrekt (Wiederholen Sie die Anmeldung)

wich password is where not correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

If you are using UID/PWD mapping for JCO destination please check wether you have provided correct uname and password.

If you are using SSO instead of UID/PWD mapping then check wether SSO is working properly between portal and ECC.

Mostly this problem is due to authorization failures during the logon phase.

Please check if the SAP user-id & password you are using to connect to the SAP system are correct.

Get the logon data from the JAVA application or JCo trace

for the error description visit,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Have a look at the solution provided in the below threads :

1>

2>

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad.

0 Kudos

i couldnt see if the jco is working. it was all greyed out. now i successfully created the ume lcradministrator, yeah

well, i think i have to configure now the sld and after this i can look at the jco connections.

i will tell you if i have another problem during this

thanks

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Marcus,

If the all the option are greyes in the Webdynpro content administrator, then you need to update the IP address and host file in the host file (Start > RUN > drivers > etc > host file). then update the service file like sapms<SID> 36<systemnumber>/tcp (Start > RUN > drivers > etc > services and add an entry)

Then check the SLD Data Supplier in the visual administration.

Refer to [System Landscape Directory Process and JCo Configuration|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0c1d495-048e-2b10-babd-924a136f56b5?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus Scheller,

Check for JCOu2019s is it working fine or not?

WebDynPro>Content Administrator>Maintain JCO Destinations

select 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' and Click on Text and Ping Same as 'WD_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST' also. Check also the related technical system (WebAS ABAP) existing in SLD or not..

Please refer this document[Failed to resolve JCO destination|; and [SLD|;

I hope this is help full for you,

Regards

Vijay

Edited by: VijaySAPEP on Aug 4, 2011 3:31 PM