SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one commitment item for PM related with FM.

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FM experts,

I have one case. When create maintenance order, the fm account assignment such as funds center and commitment item must be generate automatically. I have set through the derivation strategy and it works

But, there are more than one repair and maintenance commitment item. Due to the maintenance section want to reduce the assignment mistakes, they want to account assignment derived automatically. But the budgeting section want to see the details according to the orders.

For example:

1. Equipment order use Repair&Maintenance Equipment

2. Jig&tools order use Repair&Maintenance Jig&Tools, and so on.

Since derived automatically, all the orders only generate the same commitment item, for example Repair&Maintenance Equipment commitment item. Should the assignment input manually? Is there anything could be did in the derivation,maybe?

Still, when the order released, the PR (purchase requisition) just generated 1 GL account (Repair and Maintenance expense).

Many thanks.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly as you set derivation rules to define R&M commitment item, you can enhance it by the new parameter. You just have to distinguish between different orders (by order type, number or some other parameter in the order master data) and set a derivation rule based on this information.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks again for your reply

Nice idea, maybe I can try to reorganize the derivation strategy between order type and commitment item. First I just make the derivation between order type and funds center. And it works.

In one order type, there're more than one commitment item. How it can be assigned in the derivation strategy,btw?

Many thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned, you have to distinguish your orders. If it's not possible via order type, then you could use any field on order master data and the read it with FMDT_READ_MD_ORDER module in derivation rule. Of course, if it's impossible to distinguish between the objects, then telling the system to do the same would be difficult.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Many thanks for your help

Already defined the order type through derivation rule and it works!

So I dont need to assign each equipment to funds center.