cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created an Alert Category in transaction ALRTCATDEF.

I would like to know what the 'Application Pac' should be set to in 'Administration' under the Properties tab.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

u need to configur the smtp exchange for receiving mails through out look....

apport form this go to rwb select alert confinguation define the interface which u want to trigger the allerts.....

go through below links .....for ref........

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/AlertConfiguration/AC1.htm

regards,

kesava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

If it is set to SALERT it doesnt send a message to my alert inbox. It does work if i set it to ZTESTPI. Why is this? And where are these packages created?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I found the problem. SALERT is correct and it works perfectly now. The issue was in my alert rule conditions.

I think i have found a bug and might need a patch.

I use the system variable SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE in my alert category however instead of showing me the sender interface name it shows me the receiver interface name. I have verified this by changing my alert rule conditions.

So if i use the receiver interface name in place of the sender it will work. This is definitely a bug.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a reference to this issue in note: 913858

Q: Why does the container variable SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE (SXMS_TO_INTERFACE) display the wrong value?

A: This may happen when a message fails in the Adapter Framework. The Adapter Framework uses only one interface or namespace. On the other hand, the Integration Server differentiates between the sender and receiver interfaces. When a message fails, the interface name is copied to the alert structure in the sender and receiver interface field, provided that the corresponding sender/receiver service is known.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've seen this note, but it doesnt really explain the situation very well. Can anyone elaborate further on the note?

Thanks

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riaz,

This is very strange to hear this.... could you pls cross check again this should not happen.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have cross checked this quite a few times. This is the result of my alert -

Msg ID - 77555300BF3411E0937F76333000C002

From System - ABC123

From Interface - ia_XXX

To System - <blank>

To Interface - <blank>

The message id variable SXMS_MSG_GUID is fine, that works correctly as well as the sender system variable SXMS_FROM_SERVICE. But the varibale for sender interface (SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE) is incorrect, ia_XXX is actually the inbound interface in this scenario not the outbound one.

The other two variables are blank (SXMS_TO_SERVICE and SXMS_TO_INTERFACE).

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the below link :

[Alert_Configuration|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172154? QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

P.Rajesh

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the alert is created the Application Pac should be set to SALERTand the language EN. This links the alert category to the Netweaver PI software. The Description should then be set as well as the Priority. Additionally the Container variables below should be set. This makes the variables available within the message contents.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will be "SALERT"...i guess it will come by default when u create new alert catgory...