cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have automatic batch determination at delivery level. Its working fine.

But when i try to do delivery, for some materials it gives me error - Deficit of xxx qty for material - xxx for batch no - xxx.

My availability check is standard one - 02, A (at order level) & 02,B(at delivery level).

Kindly advise me how i can overcome this error.

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VK,

Yes stock exist for that material but its not showing in Unrestricted stock, its available in schedule for delivery column.
Thanks,

Standard SAP:

In sales order system schedule quantity for the material (not the batch)

During delivery order creation, system do Automatic batch determination as per VCH2 strategy.

Now this is came, when a user create a delivery and system alloted this batch to this delivery (means quantity will start showing in Schedule for Delivery).

Before making PGI, the same batch got TRANSFER POSTED to different batch.

And check in MB51 how the bacth got transferred.

Unless they revert the stock to same batch, scduke for delivery will not reversed.

-

For your issue

The Schedule for delivery should be removed if their is no stock showing in Unrestricted column.

TCODE : SE16

Table : VBBE

Sales Document : Enter the Delivery order number: ( you can get this from CO06 for the material in the plant - Do number having same schedule qty )

Execute

enter /H

Press ENTER

Press enter once more then you will receive following screen after switching to classic debugger.

Double click on code = show then you will get fields in the bottom

Field Names

CODE SHOW

Click the Pencil ICON

Remove that SHOW and put DELE for deleting the same entry which you donu2019t want. Then click on the pencil icon and execute( F8).

Now it will come to the same Detail screen with a DELETE ENTRY icon.

Delete the record.

Now you create the Delivery order it will come.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mani,

Thanx for the answer. Now i know the root cause of error. Its happening because we have done transfer posting of the same batch to some other plant.

But can you please help me with how we can restrict this transfer posting of the allocated batches for delivery i;e error message should come during transfer posting (MB1B through mov type - 301) if we try to input the batch for which delivery has already been created.

Thanx in advance.....

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VK,

For this, their is no standard functionality so ask the USER whom do Transfer posting to check in MMBE for the batch.

If the batch is clear in schedule for delivery then they should do transfer posting

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx alot mani.......

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai VK,

In case if you are giving Batch number in the sales order, this error may come.

DOnt assign any batch in Sales order

Let system do the automatic batch determination.

And some time if some other production users using the material code or sales order creation USER using the material code then also this error may occur.

If you create delivery after some time it will not come

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Deficit of xxx qty for material - xxx for batch no - xxx. This error i am getting when i have created the delivery only and NO PGI done. Its mainly happening for backdated deliveries.

NO batch number is input at the sales order level. Automatic batch determination is done at delivery level only.

Please suggest what can be the cause of this error.

Thanks,

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VK@SAP,

Normal practice is once the batch qty is insufficient, we do a batch split manually in the delivery.

i.e, your material code 'a' qty entered in the delivery is '10' and batch triggered is 'bbb'

system check the stock of material 'a' in the plant which belongs to batch 'bbb'.

if its not sufficient, system will trigger the message which you are facing now.

Now you have 2 options.

1)

You can check in MMBE whether there is any other batch with the sufficient quantity.

If so you can put that batch and do the delivery.

2)

You can check how many qty of the batch entered is available.

For the remaining qty, create one more line item in delivery and assign another batch with QTY.

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your batch search strategy characteristics values (transaction . then check that unrestricted stock is available with these characteristic values. If unrestricted stock is there, then this error will not come.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear vk@SAP,

Check whether the stock exist for this material/batch combination in MMBE.

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hegal,

Yes stock exist for that material but its not showing in Unrestricted stock, its available in schedule for delivery column.

Thanks,

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear vk@sap,

It means that the particular batch is already assigned to another delivery.

Which means that there is no stock practically avaibale for this new delivery.

In mmbe, click on the environment,STOCK/REQUIREMENTS LIST.

This will give you the details of the delivery.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hegal,

That can be viewed...but i want to avoid tat. If the particular batch is already assigned than it should assign next batch to subsequent orders.

How can we do tat....

Thanks,